The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: viper 5900

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    well i got the new viper with the 1 mile range. obviously living in NYC, i knew that i wasnt going to have 1 mile range. the one mile is out in the desert with a clear shot. but i was rather disappointed with its lack of range in the city. while waiting for the bus 4 blocks from my house, i tried testng the range of remote. i pressed unlock about 4 times and then was able to unlock my car. i then tried to lock my car but it took me another 6 tries before it locked. i also had to raise the remote in the air to get the most range.

thats not all. sometimes when im near the car, (3 ft away) and i would press lock/unlock, the responder would beep 3 times stelling me no reception. i would think that being 3 ft away, the responder would work 100% of the time.

with reception like this, i dont know how reliable the alarm is now, even if my car is parked in front of my house. the remote start is still useful tho.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Is there anyway to turn up the sensitivity?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    wow that sucks, sure it was all installed right i would take it back to the place and either have it checked or exchanged for one that does work

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    wow that sucks, sure it was all installed right i would take it back to the place and either have it checked or exchanged for one that does work

There is no way to increase the range perse. Are your windows tinted? That can have a negative effect on the range. Also if the excess antenna wire was coiled up like a lot of places do, that will decrease the range. Where is the antenna mounted in the window. For best reception, it should be in the middle of either the front or rear window.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79
    There is no way to increase the range perse. Are your windows tinted? That can have a negative effect on the range. Also if the excess antenna wire was coiled up like a lot of places do, that will decrease the range. Where is the antenna mounted in the window. For best reception, it should be in the middle of either the front or rear window.
    yes, my windows are tinted 11%.

the antenna is mounted in the middle of my front window, right above my rear view mirror.

i think i know why the remote doesnt always work when standing next to the car. if i have the remote pointed down, it seems that it would fail sometimes when sending a signal. i havent had a problem if i point the remote right at the car.

i'll find out if the wire is coiled up. how do you suggest i put the wire?

and to be a little clearer. it wasnt a straight shot 4 block range, it was diagonal across 4 blocks like an L shape. so there were about 3 dozen houses in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    yes, my windows are tinted 11%.

the antenna is mounted in the middle of my front window, right above my rear view mirror.

i think i know why the remote doesnt always work when standing next to the car. if i have the remote pointed down, it seems that it would fail sometimes when sending a signal. i havent had a problem if i point the remote right at the car.

i'll find out if the wire is coiled up. how do you suggest i put the wire?

and to be a little clearer. it wasnt a straight shot 4 block range, it was diagonal across 4 blocks like an L shape. so there were about 3 dozen houses in the way.

Normally I take the excess wire figure 8 it and either tuck it up in the headliners or tie it up behind the a pillar.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.