The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Going to BOOST IT ... what do you think?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 28 of 28
    You could always install it with just the housings, no compressor/turbine. :rice:

if i remember correctly tearstone is no longer making the turbo kits ?? they had a fallout with the maker or something - i tried to get the custom log manifold from them and they couldnt produce that for me -- i was told they had a falling out with the manufacturer-- unless they got another manufacturer i dont think they are producing new kits at this time..
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i was also considering boost as for my cheap speed.. how would this affect my pistons???

phizz2k
    Well, If you got the dough I would go with the second turbo kit, I haven't heard many good things about ebay turbo kits, Hence the reason for my turbo build from mostly mitsu factory parts...

Anyways, Good luck with the build and on a side note, I swear I see your car nearly everyday on the way to work... As well as a Maroonish kitted lancer on the way home... ( i just finished my 5speed swap and am loving it as well, Hit me upi if you have any 5 speed questions...)

Quote Originally Posted by fastbaggedgalant
    do you see any thing missing? other parts i will need ( besides gauges ) ??
    A Car!?

Looking for some honest help here , Thanks Guys!!

Sorry couldn't help it. btw. Ride looks bitchin.... good luck with your boost
    http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=626038
    REALLY WORKS!!! costs about 5 bucks!!

Well after lots and lots of searching threw past posts and shit like that .. i have come to m own personal conclusion that i am just going to do a swap to the 6A13tt with the Mitsu FTO trani ... as this will cost me a bit more $$ but will will have the vr4 motor and a 5 spd trani! ... as the turbo kits i posted were about 3k anyways.... not to mention misc parts etc... so i think i will go this route... what do ya think ??

Psssssssssst Got Air???

ur car is hot i saw at hin and around once or twice maybe at towers.. I would swap the tranny for the 5 speed but i wouldnt waste money on the swap unless ur gonna use it... Im sure u can do a custom kit for 2 grand ive spent 13 to 1500 so far and all i have left is the downpipe.... if u have the funds though its all good...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well after lots and lots of searching threw past posts and shit like that .. i have come to m own personal conclusion that i am just going to do a swap to the 6A13tt with the Mitsu FTO trani ... as this will cost me a bit more $$ but will will have the vr4 motor and a 5 spd trani! ... as the turbo kits i posted were about 3k anyways.... not to mention misc parts etc... so i think i will go this route... what do ya think ??
    Have fun! Hope you or your shop knows what they are doing.
    7g for life!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12