The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd swap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 52
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I would like to know potential problems, but scanning it every so often would be ok. I'd just really like to set this up like it came from the factory that way.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by milo111000
    wow!! so if you swap, your ses will never be off then?
    If you buy a 2000 ECU and have it reprogrammed then no. But I don't want to spend extra $$$, so I'm just going to take the bulb out and bring it to autozone monthly to see if anything new flashes.

Even if you clear the codes they show up in 1 sec, so just live with it
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Its just a light, Only goes off when there is a problem with Emissions. I'd pull the bulb too and enjoy my 5spd.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    But for people with strict emissions, they pull the codes while being inspected and they test the CEL to make sure the bulb lights up.
    7g for life!

Damn, I feel for em. I just pay my 75 bux and go bout my business. I never let those fucks touch my shit and fuck it up. Especially now cuz its 5spd. Bastards burn out you clutch and cant be held responsible for anything and what not.

I feel for the 8G peeps though. They dont even need to run your car. Just plug in the computer, turn the key to acc and thats all she wrote.

Pass or Fail

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yes but there is a way around it, like Calipso said, therefore the reason for this post. Keep editting the first post with useful information and you guys will have a nice tutorial/parts list for the 8g swap and its problems/solutions.

[Edit]
    Tim: Did you look at Gooseys thread? Its pretty complete. I didnt realize there was a good tutorial for the 8gers. What questions do you have that are not covered in his tutorial? I dont think we need another thread ;)

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...showtopic=42078
    7g for life!

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Yes but there is a way around it, like Calipso said, therefore the reason for this post. Keep editting the first post with useful information and you guys will have a nice tutorial/parts list for the 8g swap and its problems/solutions.

[Edit]
    Tim: Did you look at Gooseys thread? Its pretty complete. I didnt realize there was a good tutorial for the 8gers. What questions do you have that are not covered in his tutorial? I dont think we need another thread ;)

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...showtopic=42078
    Goosey's thread is pretty much numero uno for people thinking about swapping to stick. All questions and such should be referred to that thread since it has enough information for anyone.

I read his tutorial at least 15 times. No exaggeration. Unfortunately though, Goosey did experiement with cruise control from an Eclipse 5-speed and it didn't work. Much to my dismay. But I'd rather have 5-speed than auto w/cruise any day.

Thats the same thing i did when i swapped my 7G. I studied the Tut for like a whole month and a half before even touching the car.

Ok now that my usless piece of fucking shit retared ass shortbus computer is letting me post again I'm gonna try and explain my reason for this thread. If this shit doesnt work I'm throwing this fucker out the fucking window.

Ok just look at this thread, look at all the inconsistancies in the responses, thats what this thread was intended to clear up. My biggest hurdle with doing this swap is convincing my dad that I can do it. I've been working on convinceing hime for 2 years now, and I finally have everything I need to totally convince him but he will pick at any slight inconsistancy's.

Just a quick note - you will need to buy bolts for the clutch, as aftermarket ones done come with the bolts.

Also, don't attempt to do this yourself - get help - I hurt my back trying to do it on my own :(

I'll have plenty of help. I'll make sure to add the bolts.

Just do it! My father still doesn't know i did it and its been allmost a year
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD

Calipso
    Why do you people need to get the okay from your parents? Even if you live under their roof, it's YOUR car!

I told my parents I was doing it and my father didn't care, and my mom was worried because now she cant' drive my car in an emergency.

My dad can build a car from the ground up, and he won't even help me put on lower springs.

All he does is bitch and moan about pretty much everything I do....ever.

Calipso
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrs2
    My dad can build a car from the ground up, and he won't even help me put on lower springs.

All he does is bitch and moan about pretty much everything I do....ever.
    you have 666 posts. :firedevil:

Quote Originally Posted by Calipso
    you have 666 posts. :firedevil:
    thats awesome. My dad can also build a car from the ground up but he will help me with stuff, and he doesnt want me to jump into anything thats going to have my car down for a week if it doesnt need to be done. I only own half of my car, my parents paid the other half, basically so I couldnt do anything radical with it. I basically need to come up with a consistant story to tell him, then it will be full steam ahead, and I can use his help.

My mom wouldnt let me get anything with a manual because she couldnt drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    thats awesome. My dad can also build a car from the ground up but he will help me with stuff, and he doesnt want me to jump into anything thats going to have my car down for a week if it doesnt need to be done. I only own half of my car, my parents paid the other half, basically so I couldnt do anything radical with it. I basically need to come up with a consistant story to tell him, then it will be full steam ahead, and I can use his help.

My mom wouldnt let me get anything with a manual because she couldnt drive it.

Drain your tranny oil and drive :)

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    Eclipse V6 Manual transmission F5M51- there is a -1 and a -2 version of this, does it matter which one
    There are two versions of the tranny - the first one is for the GT and the other is for the GTS. Same transmission, different gear ratios.

Thats kind of what I figured, but which one has the better gear ratio's, its probably the GTS and in that case would it be the 1 or the 2 varient. My guess is 2.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast