The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: pionee flip screen dvd problem

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    for some crazy reason my flip out and up pioneer dvd/cd monitor/player got stuck in the motorized position. i.e. it usually comes out and then flips up automatically when i turn my car on. well it came out and went halfway up and is now stuck...wtf? its been like that for a few weeks now and i need to get it fixed. i dont want to push or pull in fear of braking it worse. any suggestions? anyone know how to fix or somewhere to go in the fl area? 1-800-pioneer wants 150 to look at it, and then they tell me how much it will be to fix and i can put the 150 fee towards it..but seems like a lot of dough...

I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2k2mitsu
    for some crazy reason my flip out and up pioneer dvd/cd monitor/player got stuck in the motorized position. i.e. it usually comes out and then flips up automatically when i turn my car on. well it came out and went halfway up and is now stuck...wtf? its been like that for a few weeks now and i need to get it fixed. i dont want to push or pull in fear of braking it worse. any suggestions? anyone know how to fix or somewhere to go in the fl area? 1-800-pioneer wants 150 to look at it, and then they tell me how much it will be to fix and i can put the 150 fee towards it..but seems like a lot of dough...
    Ok.. now I had that problem....but my indash was some random brand from ebay
    It was fine for couple month and i start having same problem the screen comes out when i hit the keys
    or it gets stuck...Ya really annoying. And do warranty some ebay sellers, so here what i did I took it apart and took the motor out. So now its just flip out no motor. and ya i went to local car audio shops and they wanted $50-60 just to look at the unit.
    so that was only my option take it apart and cut the wires that are connected to motor.
    its been over 2 years and the unit is still working fine but the LCD is just all manual...no motor now.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    unfortunatelly that is a problem with some of the flipout models, either the motor died or it fell off the track.... i would contact the store you bought it from if you have a warranty with them or pioneer directly and see if your warranty is still in tact with them, if so se if you could exchange it.....if there is no possible way of obtaining a new unit then your option would be to open it up and see if you can get it either back on the track or make it a manual pullout screen

Experienced TGC Member
    If they dont warranty it.. Do what i do.. they fuck me.. I fuck them... Go buy the same or VERY similar one.. Switch out the serials... And take your old one back for a refund...... Good luck!!!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19
    If they dont warranty it.. Do what i do.. they fuck me.. I fuck them... Go buy the same or VERY similar one.. Switch out the serials... And take your old one back for a refund...... Good luck!!!
    yup
    and last option is cut the motor wire.

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow19

:firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:

Quote Originally Posted by chromey
    :firedevil: :firedevil: :firedevil:
    that is great, now i know in the future. LOL
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaLaNtKeV99
    that is great, now i know in the future. LOL

criminal! :)

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    criminal! :)

Hey, hey, hey. He's a smooth criminal.

Sorry was just watching thriller.

Those serial number stickers are very hard to get off, you have to heat them up a little to come off. Err I mean I heard that somewhere.

I know Best Buy scans serial numbers when you try to return expensive shit, but some retailers don't even make sure they are the same before you leave the store.

shit go to a random audio shop buy the same stereo say you are going to install urself then go couple hours later with the one in your car and tell them whats up with ur shit and bam you either get it fixed or get a new one and then sell the other to get ur money back