The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Black Roof?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    So guys, im about to get my carbon trunk in a few days. I already have a carbon fiber hood. As you guys know, my car is the s2000 blue.....anyways, i was maybe considering spraying my roof black to flow with the hood and the trunk. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by 2kgalant
    So guys, im about to get my carbon trunk in a few days. I already have a carbon fiber hood. As you guys know, my car is the s2000 blue.....anyways, i was maybe considering spraying my roof black to flow with the hood and the trunk. What do you guys think?
    why not carbon grey like a dark, dark grey?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I've never seen your cars color before so its hard to say. If you have any metallic flake added to your paint job, it would be pretty cool to have a shop spray a light dusting of the flake on the CF hood and CF trunk and then clear them. This makes them look sparkly just like the paint. Im not sure if you have any in your paint already, if you dont, this wont work. But painting the roof black should look pretty cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    if you will have both a carbon hood and trunk then I'd say a dark roof is a good move

black wouldn't be bad but i agree with Reelax...a dark grey would flow nicely across the entire vehicle

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

I've seen your car's pics before, yeah black or CF roof is required with CF hood and trunk(I think cali has CF roof)!

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    why not carbon grey like a dark, dark grey?
    Hmm...i never thought of that. That would look good too Maybe something like the new IS250 dark grey? Any other suggestions on the greys?

Censee
    i have mine black,,and ive seen it dark grey on a silver galant that had the hood and trunk cf...they grey doesnt match up too well.and it was a very dark grey too.....the girl that had it dark grey ended up painting it black because the grey looked too off.. i havent taken any good pics o the roof ..but heres a front shot...u can see the top

i would tend to trust censee's advice on this since he's actually done it and has seen it in dark grey. thanks bro!

wow...i like the way that looks! So i will most likely be spraying it black, thanks guys!

i told my friend to paint his roof black and while he was at it i told him to smoke his cf hood and cf hatch. looks the best IMO. all black in appearance but upon close inspection you can still se the carbon fiber. plus it helps to add a little extra clear to keep your CF products looking goog considering they usually delaminate in a couple of years.

Definitley paint the roof. I was going to go that route until I destroyed my CF hood in my accident. Now I'm not doing CF on the outside anymore.

Damn where the hell you been man? How things w/ the G. You gotta fixed up or what?

Paint it black,looks better than grey,i have mine mercedes black,looks good

wrap it cf vynl for complete look...

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot
    wrap it cf vynl for complete look...
    I'd say only if it completely matches the real CF completely but if not, then just go with black.

don't wrap it in fake cf. i think it would look better the way you have it now than it would with fake cf. plus it would more than likely stand out since there's real cf there to compare it to.

black would defintely look good too.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

why don't go with real Carbon Fiber? I saw somone here with CF roof, how is it? I am considering it myself, I just got a real CF matt, (40 s.f.) of Ebay!
    De que estamos hablando?