The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Turbo or SuperCharger Installation Charge?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Turbo or SuperCharger Installation Charge?

Sup Peeps,

The Turbo kit im trying to get is going to cost me an arm and a leg, but I need to know from someone who has already had their Turbo or Supercharger kit already installed, how much did that technican charge u for the installation. Come people just give estimates on how much its going to cost to put it in. SuperCharger or Turbo kit, But I perfer the turbo kit estimate, but tell how much the Supercharger charge was too.

THankz,

Nick VR4
    try this one its for a Supercharger

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4756

installation prices for a turbo kit will vary. first of all, your shop's labor rate that will be a factor. another factor is how long it will take to tune. u'd waste everything if u jsut slapped the turbo on the car and drove away. you'd want to tune it for optimum peformance. also the kit itself. if its made for your car, installation should be rather low. if it was for another car like the eclipse maybe some minor mods are needed and might raise up the price slightly. and then u got a custom kit and that will be a killer on the wallet too possibly. im guestimating but look to at least a grand for installation

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Nick VR4
    You might also want to find a shop that does this mod
    Not some back alley machanic that thinks he know what he's going and fcuks it right up

IMO at least $1000

Yep, I'm going with the consensus of about $1000 for an install. In this area, shop labor rates are between $60 and $75 per hour. It will take a minimum of 16 hours to install and tune that thing properly. Check with GTZ27. He just had Ross install his SC, and Ross is a reputable mechanic.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    Yep, I'm going with the consensus of about $1000 for an install. In this area, shop labor rates are between $60 and $75 per hour. It will take a minimum of 16 hours to install and tune that thing properly. Check with GTZ27. He just had Ross install his SC, and Ross is a reputable mechanic.

Chip
    ross said about 600 to 1k for the install of the SC. ov course rosses rates might be a lil lower possibly since he help to develop the system and has done a few installs so there's less figuring out...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

THis is what I love about this forum, I just put in what i need to know and in secs to mins I find out the right response. I dont have to wait for hours and even days to get a response. Thankz you guyz.

SuperchargedGTZ
    cost about 950 for installation of kit

installation of gauges, another 200

installation of tranny cooler, another 150-180