The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: CX-7 vs Outlander (bias aside)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    I would like my next car to have "some" power - be it 4cyl turbo or V6 or above and have style. But mainly I need it to be able to move stuff (aiight - grocery getter) and the vehicle must be suitable for my mom on the passenger side. My Galant and Sentra sit way too low for her to get out (seems like it would be better but it's not) and I don't want the next car to be so tall that she can't put her feet down on the ground without falling out. I help my mom on weekends and whenever she needs me so I like to be able to have a vehicle that supports her needs. She feels that at her age, 78, she doesn't have much longer left (I hope to differ), and she said that she would also help me out on the purchase, considering I'm her "chauffeur".

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    I hear ya Rich, My wife is tired of bending down to get in the car and I also drive my family around once in a while and when we going out actually just the other day I had 6 people in my car, I never had that many people in my car EVA!... but I wasnt about to leave them in brooklyn all alone lol. I really been looking at the outlander myself they actually had a great deal in the newspaper for like 15 grans for the lowest model, but the thought of another bill just turns me off. I wished i worked at Goldman Sachs I think the cleaning lady should get atleast 40 grand in bonus lol

Whenever I rode shotgun in my G, I found it hard to get out the passenger's side, too. Driver's side is fine, but something is wrong on the passenger side, or maybe I'm just not used to it?

nope I am the same say Its just weird getting in and our from the passenger side.

ive heard the rear diff on the mazdaspeed6 are breaking liek no other, and the engines are blowing from bolts-ons. has nothing to do with the CX-7, but they may share parts
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

I went shopping for an SUV with my brothe inlaw and he was set on getting the santa fe until I introduced him to the Outlander, once they saw the price for the 2WD and got inside he loved it straight of the bat. the 2WD model goes for 20,000 and I am a big guy 6'00"" 320 LBS I sat in the back and with the front seats all the way back I still had lots of leg room. The car is realy nice the only sucky part now is I can't get it since my Brother in-law has one Maybe the EvoLander will be more my liking 8)

outlander is a nice car and a great price. I currently have the 2.4 liter 2004 outlander. I actually like it alot. But personally i would never buy another one in my life. Maybe its just the mitsu dealerships in the suburbs but they are assholes. They tried telling me that a really loud noise that was coming from the back, was becuase of a accident i had. The accident was to the drivers side door. After bring the car to them 4 times i finally gave up. It my dad looked at it and saw that a plastic tab fell off that supported part of the bumper. Im not even going to start with how much rust my 00 galant has. I personally dont think i would ever buy another mitsu product.

lol funily enough i work at Ford and Mazda as an apprentice mechanic (down here Ford and Mazda are all 1 dealership) The CX-7 isnt bad it was just released here near the end of 2006 and i've only ever driven a CX-7 once but thats cause i work on the Ford side of the workshop (no offence but god fords are crap) but the CX-7 isnt bad, it's got the Mazda6 and mazda3 MPS type motor, probably more along the lines of the Mazda6 MPS motor seeing as it's 4WD and it has manual overide if you want to give it a thrashing but personally i'd also have a look at the Nissan Murano, Nissan's are really good cars, they're reliable and they have more than enough power, and being a V6 it would probably use less fuel than a CX-7 same goes for the outlander. The Outlander looks nice but i can't say much about them because i've never driven one whereas i've driven a CX-7 and a Murano and the Murano has a nicer ride, and comfortable interior, at least to me it does, but have a look at your other options, you might be suprized as to what's on the market.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12