The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Smoking The Taillights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21
    There are alot of people smoking there tails and they come out really nice and shiney, i was wondering how they do it and what they use, does any one know?

i used a tinting film on my tails.

i used to have plastic covers.

a friend of mine used nighshades and then cleared them.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i've bought a can of nightshades off of ebay for around $10. never used it. was gonna do it to my tails...but ended up purchasing the clear tail lights ;) so...i ended up giving the can to my friend.

i used a can of plastic spray paint, while pressing little by little i held the can a few inches away so light coats were able to go on lens. made it dark enough to my likings, then applied clear gloss spray paint for the finishing touch

your better off going with some kind of vinyl, because i will not pass inspection with that on. i don't have to worry bout that till 08'

2001 5 speed 4g64T

yea i was wondering about wrapping them but the curves n stuff, i wasnt sure how that would turn out, n as for the plastic spray, is that regualr paint from lik walmart or sumthing, i used night shade but it didnt come out shiny so i took it off...do u guys mind posting pictures

here's another option http://www.jonstintedtails.com

I just went to my local home depot for the spray paint. noin special. thats me all the way to ya right

Thats me all the way to da right. The light shines right through

2001 5 speed 4g64T

I want to tint mine but I'm afraid I'll lose my mind trying to do the TYC altezzas without making bubbles and using like 7 sheets cut perfectly.

yea i heard that spray paint will work but i wasant sure if it would stick to the plastic without any primer or adhesive promtor, i also tryed some paint from the hobby shop useto tint the RC cars but still the shine wasnt nice, i see all these other cars n its alot better but i havent tryed clearring them soo i might try that

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    here's another option http://www.jonstintedtails.com
    That site doesn't have a Mitsubishi section

Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    That site doesn't have a Mitsubishi section
    well if you let them do your tails, and send them pictures, they will...

Vikas469
    i did mine while ago...i used vht window tint smoked color, i got it from ebay...couple coats of it and used clear coat to top it off. Light shines through it, so its totally legal.

I lost the tutorial I had from an RSX owner, but he used Nite Shades and wet sanded after every coat, then sprayed clear over the Nite Shades. It looked great. Just realize that it will be permanent. I have my stock tails tinted with Nite Shades which is pretty dull looking, but never got around to trying what that RSX owner did since I ended up getting JDM tails.

Vikas469
    Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    I lost the tutorial I had from an RSX owner, but he used Nite Shades and wet sanded after every coat, then sprayed clear over the Nite Shades. It looked great. Just realize that it will be permanent. I have my stock tails tinted with Nite Shades which is pretty dull looking, but never got around to trying what that RSX owner did since I ended up getting JDM tails.
    here is one....

http://www.v6z24.com/howto/tintedlights

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by o1naturalhigh
    i've bought a can of nightshades off of ebay for around $10. never used it. was gonna do it to my tails...but ended up purchasing the clear tail lights ;) so...i ended up giving the can to my friend.
    Ya most people use nightshades, or tint.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

I say if you want dark but shiny tails use nightshade but separate the taillight lens from the taillight and spray the night shade on the inside of the lens

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

ok thanks again everyone, i tryed nite shades and it wasnt shiney enuff but i never tryed sanding and clearing so i might try that, also should i even tint the tails or not?? i have 02 tails in great conditiion, if i do tint them i will leave the reverse light visible

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Ya most people use nightshades or tint.

I think if you night shade do the reverse light also but dont do as many coats as the red part

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

Here's the stuff I'm going to use on my headlights and if I'm brave, my tails. It's actually designed to protect the lights from rocks and such. I think it's a 3M material. It comes in clear, smoke, blue and yellow. http://www.stickercity.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast