The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Official 2008 Lancer (with real pics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    It's a 2008, so does this come out mid to late 07...
    Or is it coming out in 08...
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaper™...

The 08 Lancer looks like an upgraded version of the 8g Galant when you put a picture side by side.
    2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES

looks real nice, aggresive...it kinda looks like a skyline 4real, but more like a volvo?!?!

*drool*

*drool*

*drool*

ah man now i gotta change shirts

2002 blue G RIP07
    2003 grey G with the heart of an Evo 8
    1999 beige G . winter beater and well its beige

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    The training for the 2008 Lancer will start in late March... I will get to see it and test drive it and compare it to the other cars in its class. I heard that there is going to be an AWD version with the current SAWC suspension that is in the 2007 Outlander. I'll get some pics up as soon as I see it.

Jeff

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    I like what Mitsubishi has done...looks great. I don't know why but it reminds me a lot of the TSX. Check out the fogs too....kinda like the ones you'd see in the earlier VR-4 bumper for an 8G.

The 09 Evo will most likely follow a similar style and by the looks of things a white car with black wheels is gonna be a stunning combo with those lines.....ahh I can't wait! Graduation present????

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

surprisingly, I like it. Now I wanna see the production EVO X, 4G63T or not... Can't wait to see what the 4B11 can do, but I dont think it will be better than the 4G63T....
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    The new lancer is going to have the SAWC (super all-wheel control) that the Outlander has.. It's also going to have the fast key... The 30G Navi system... 650 Watt Rockford Fosgate system... Also rumored to be an All-Wheel drive RalliArt Version... Also it's going to have the CVT transmission where you don't feel the shifting like the Maxima has... It's also going to have the 6-speed magnesium paddle shifters... The handling on this car is going to be compared to a track car.. It's gunna be sick!! Training for me is going to be on the 18th of March... I'll post pics when I see it....

Jeff

Experienced TGC Member
    Here are the prices for this sexy looking car too....

Model offerings include the base DE (approximately $14,000), which is reasonably well equipped with power windows, a CD audio system and a tilt steering wheel. The ES ($17,000), the expected volume leader, has air conditioning, ABS, a height-adjustable driver's seat, a 60/40 split-folding rear seat and 16-in. alloy wheels. Opting for the GTS ($19,000) gets you 18-in. alloy wheels, the firmer suspension and sport seats covered in a grippy suede-like material.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    wow!!1 nice prices!!!

wow that car is definitly hot. i would love one

2011 Camry- 202 miles- just picked up 9/10/10
    2008 Pontiac G6- 26,065 miles- traded in
    1999 Galant ES- 91,846 miles- long gone

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    but i just can't replace my G with that though...

TGC Regular
    check out this article..

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=4685

its the same article which 6G72 pointed out the prices, but there were some other things that i was quite impressed with.

The transverse engine — developed in conjunction with Hyundai and DaimlerChrysler but with Mitsu-specific camshafts and cylinder head — puts out 152 bhp at 6000 rpm, or 26 percent more power than the previous iron-block 2.0-liter, which weighs nearly 60 lb. more than the new engine. Of note, the 4B11 has chain-driven overhead camshafts, and its exhaust is on the back side of the engine leaving plenty of room for a turbo and allowing Mitsubishi to employ a flat front crossmember.
    as expected, the Lancer's standard gearbox is a 5-speed manual, now with shorter throws and triple-cone synchronizers on 1st and 2nd gears. This transmission works well, aided by an easy-to-modulate light-effort clutch. Not so expected is the Lancer's optional gearbox, a CVT said to enhance fuel economy. That, however, is about the only good thing to say about this continuously variable transmission, which is expected in perhaps 85 percent of all new Lancers.
    Opting for the GTS ($19,000) gets you 18-in. alloy wheels, the firmer suspension and sport seats covered in a grippy suede-like material. Additionally, the GTS has Bluetooth, a body kit with a rear spoiler, and a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob. Best of all, it's available with a package that has keyless entry/ignition and satellite navigation with a large 7.5-in. screen, plus a 30-gig hard drive on which your favorite tunes and photos can be stored.

I like the look of the Lancer and the new EVO X, hell, I'd even give the 4B11 turbo a chance. But the clutchless tranny, or not havig an option of a traditional 6-speed is something I can't accept. lol. Nothing like sending your foot through the floor power shifting slamming gears.

I got the brochure for the new Lancer at the autoshow and I gotta admit the EVO X looks mean. And I like the look ALOT! I just wished Mitsubishi would atleast keep the 6-speed manual an option.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12