The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: tein

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    ok well I have had the worst week ever and to make a long story short I f..... up my front bumper and the fog light and I am riding on a donut and I am so mad hot damn.... well I call this place to order some tein top pilliow ball mounts and they said that the only work on tein coil overs is that true...... O would think not but if anyone knows any different please let me know and to add insult to injury I am get my wheels next week and I have to buy some tires for them too... So I am working overtime trying to get my sh.. together.... holla @ me...
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>well I call this place to order some tein top pilliow ball mounts and they said that the only work on tein coil overs is that true..</div>

Not true! My current setup is Skunk2 Coilovers with KYB AGX's and I am using Tein upper pillowball mounts with them just fine with now issues at all. Eclipse and Galant struts and shock assemblies are identical.

This is proof they work.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4&#045;G&#045;rim
    Not true! My current setup is Skunk2 Coilovers with KYB AGX's and I am using Tein upper pillowball mounts with them just fine with now issues at all. Eclipse and Galant struts and shock assemblies are identical.

This is proof they work.

How can you stand the ride? I had skunks and AGX too. I got rid of em cuz the ride was way too harsh! The car handled like crazy...0 bodyroll. But in the end, the eibachs were a better buy. In my book

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Ride quality is not important to me and I have come to expect it. I want the cars to handle well..and if that means sacraficing ride quality, then let it be. Actually I find it pretty tolerable. 8)

well I want to know if regular struts and springs and not coilovers will that work........holla at me please
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by T&#045;double
    well I want to know if regular struts and springs and not coilovers will that work........holla at me please

Yes. The pillowball mounts completely replace the OEM piece.

Quote Originally Posted by evil&#045;G&#045;nius &#40;aka Kimya&#41;
    How can you stand the ride? I had skunks and AGX too. I got rid of em cuz the ride was way too harsh! The car handled like crazy...0 bodyroll. But in the end, the eibachs were a better buy. In my book
    keep in mnind here...
    kevin lives in sunny florida.
    they never see salt on their roads(sea salt maybe),
    they never see snow.
    and their roads don't expand and contract from 95 degrees down to 5 degrees.

pretty much stays between 60 and 100 all year round cept short periods of 40's from time to time.

so they build their roads accordingly.
    florida has such smooth flat roads..
    a guy coudl do all the molding in the workld and ride half a pack of cigarettes off the ground for years w/o damaging it.

now can you say that for newyork?
    try to find 20 feet of good, smooth, pothole-less road.

nuff said.

if i was in florida, i aimgine i'd be happy riding on some ebay coilovers lol.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr
    keep in mnind here...
    kevin lives in sunny florida.
    they never see salt on their roads(sea salt maybe),
    they never see snow.
    and their roads don't expand and contract from 95 degrees down to 5 degrees.

pretty much stays between 60 and 100 all year round cept short periods of 40's from time to time.

so they build their roads accordingly.
    a guy coudl do all the molding in the workld and ride half a pack of cigarettes off the ground for years w/o damaging it.
    now can you say that for newyork?
    try to find 20 feet of good, smooth, pothole-less road.

nuff said.

if i was in florida, i aimgine i'd be happy riding on some ebay coilovers lol.
    Very true. I live in LA now and even here the roads SUCK! The only time I enjoyed em was when I was canyon running on Mulholland Drive. Other than that, they were bone jarring. I can still hit them corners with my eibachs...but I think the suspension bushings really helped.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    try riding on NY,NJ roads. Now they suck.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>so they build their roads accordingly.
    a guy coudl do all the molding in the workld and ride half a pack of cigarettes off the ground for years w/o damaging it.</div>

I wish that that 100% true John..but its not the case these days. Florida is growing and they are expanding roads. Road construction here is terrible..they are slow and how they do it is just as bad. The "uneven" roads are a nightmare for those with lower profile tires..we are talking about at least a 1 inch different in road height. Generally..the roads are nice here, but thats only in the developed areas and areas that haven't expanded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    try riding on NY,NJ roads. Now they suck.
    I did for 13 years! Trust me the roads in LA are no better! Actually N. Jersey where I was, isnt so bad anymore. I went back in sept...I was like damn! this shit is smoother than I remember it! LOL

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by evil&#045;G&#045;nius &#40;aka Kimya&#41;
    I did for 13 years! Trust me the roads in LA are no better! Actually N. Jersey where I was, isnt so bad anymore. I went back in sept...I was like damn! this shit is smoother than I remember it! LOL
    I always thought the roads in L.A. would be smooth as shit with all the expensive, and sports cars out there.
    IF you came out in September well ya the roads would have been done over because it was around election time.
    Half the roads out in the bronx were being fixed like a month or so ago just because of election time.
    Fuckers were redoing roads that were already smooth with no problems and shit. It was pitiful

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    It probably depends on which part of LA.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    It probably depends on which part of LA.
    Nope. I live in Sherman Oaks..a nice side with lots of rich people (exceept me :nope:) and the roads are shitty!I am amazed to tell you the truth that they are as bad as they are

7g_sleeper
    ha, try Louisiana!

good news I bought the pillow ball mounts(tein) and I got front and rear, I also ordered new bushings and a EC5w(8g Vr4) strut brace and I have a little bit of catching up to do I will post when I get my pillow ball mounts....
    Nice to be back!!!!

phizz2k
    Thats cool tdouble... How much you get em for and where at? I wouldn't mind upgrading my stock upper pillow ball mounts...

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I really need to upgrade my stock mounts as they are very worn and dont even sit centered in the strut mount anymore haha. How much did you pay for the fronts?
    7g for life!

like 120 for the front...... I thought about just doing the front but I said to my self who else has done this....All four well I think that I will notice a difference when I get some time I will let you guys know....
    Nice to be back!!!!

hey I got my stuff and I put the back pillow ball mounts in and when I did that it elimiated all of that bull..... My car rides great it is stiff enough to be nice..... This past weekend I got on the highway and just tried to test them out..... And I was so suprised..... I could feel the difference between the front and back... The back was just stiff and it did not move all the way up to 70 and when I got a little higher it just made me smile.... I can't wait to put the front on this week..... I will try and get some picks in........
    Nice to be back!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast