The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Trouble codes

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Does anyone know of a way to check engine trouble codes with out the use of a voltmeter? I am pretty sure I know what the problem is already, but I don't want to mess with anything until I check the codes. I only ask cause I am a broke mutha right now and my voltmeter is junk so I'm just wondering if it anyone knows a way of checking without spending even more money than on just replacement parts. By the way, I'm 95% sure the problem is with the O2 sensor (it's less than 6 months old, but I was running a Jet module in the car and was on a road trip when the module crapped out on me) so also, if anyone knows of a way to check the O2 sensor without a voltmeter (lol) I would also appreciate info on that.
    1990 Galant GSX: HKS Super flow, front strut bar, KYB coil overs, UR underdrive crank pulley, Greddy Kevlar Timing belt, Revolution muffler, custom grounds, Center Force clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Pace setter header, 4 wheel cross drilled rotors

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Go to Autozone and have them hook up a OBD1 reader and you can get a sure fire code on whats going on. OR...if you know anyone that is a technician at a dealer, you can have them hook up a OBD1 reader too. The dealer supplied analyzers are more detailed and accurate too.

Or if you have a pocketlogger too...either MMCD or DSM logger will display a reading from the O2 sensors.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo