The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $800, WHAT TO BUY?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    whatsup guys just wondering if you could give me some insite and some opinions...

I have $800 to buy a system...I fairly new at this and not quite sure whats the best

HERES WHAT I PLAN ON BUYING:

A box probably 2 12"
    4-6 inside tweeters
    and one to two amps

ima head over to the city and get a deal but need to know what to get....

what brands, and how much bass should i get.. im looking to might as well get as much as i can get for what im spending...

opinions???

expensive drugs and cheap sluts IMO..

for that money you could get some nice stuff. a good upcoming company is elemental designs.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php?cPath=1

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio
    for that money you could get some nice stuff. a good upcoming company is elemental designs.
    http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/index.php?cPath=1
    yes i have heard about them before but never looked into it thank you...

anybody wana post what they have in their car?? and maybe i can get an idea from that?? thanks

right now i have an oldschool rockford 10" HX2 powered by a planet audio HVT 754 amp.

there is a member here and on galantforums.com named prophet that has elemental design subs and amps.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    do NOT take 800 to Circuit City if thats the city u are talkin about

I can recommend lotsa systems, depends on what you're looking for. (Some power, lots of power, disgusting power)

honestly, look online and install it yourself. you will save a ton of money. i havent been able to put a system in my galant yet but in my old explorer, i had an alpine head, type r components in the front, type r coaxials in the rears, a four channel amp, 2 12" type r subs and an amp to power em. it sounded sick, but i know i cant expect that from a car as opposed to an suv.

and i dont see the need for 4-6 tweeters, your better off just getting a solid set of components and doing a good install
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    $800???? you could just give me the money ;-)

Staten Island, New York. & Piscataway, NJ
    just buy an ipod for like $150 then...

$650= lots of hookers and beer

haha i have an ipod already so ill just go with the hookers lol...

lol no circuit citys not the place goin in manhattan... but im lookin for the best i can get if i can get disguisting bass for 800...tell me what to get

and i do plan on doing it myself...i plan on learning how to do it and saving my self a shitload of money

thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by JON2222
    haha i have an ipod already so ill just go with the hookers lol...

lol no circuit citys not the place goin in manhattan... but im lookin for the best i can get if i can get disguisting bass for 800...tell me what to get

and i do plan on doing it myself...i plan on learning how to do it and saving my self a shitload of money

thanks guys
    It might help if you say what your expecting from your system? just want loud? just alot of bass?
    when it comes time for me to do my system im going to look for stuff to get clean bass the way alot of luxury cars sounds. Hell i might go to a junk yard and rip apart last gen camery I loved the way my friends old camery sounded stock.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Sub brand names to look at: MMats, Treo, Kove, eD, These Cerwin Vega's, Kicker L7's, Diamond Audio, Polk Momo, anddddd Orion.. short list

what do you have already? what are you looking to add?

honestly, if you need a headunit, front and rear speakers, 2 amps, and subs, and a box, plus install, your not looking at much for 800

let us know what you have already and what your looking for and we can help out a lot more

With &#036;800?

I'd buy a decent headunit, and set of components and one 12" subwoofer with a decent 4channel amp.

Two channels to run the components, and two to bridge and run the subwoofer.

Brands I'd recommend for that price range would be Rockford Fosgate, MTX, JBL, Pioneer not necessarily in that order.

stock 9g galant radio...stock headunit/ after installation of all speakers ima wait a bit then get a headunit probably clarion....just looking for speakers at the moment and best brands to get..

looking for summ deep bass with sum good tweeters in side...no bass or maybe just a touch inside all bass in the truink

your not going to get great sound running subs off a stock headunit as a result of the lack of RCA outputs. honestly, i would recommend waiting until you have a bit more money. a lot of people jump to get bass but you have to remember that no matter how good the amps and subs you get are, they can only be as good as your headunit.

and dont buy just tweeters, get a good set of components up front and amp them

why waste money on a sound system.... how about you save it for boost!

I've got an older MTX 420watt amp that demands downtime after about an hour or three at full blast. I'm going to replace that. It's pumpin out to a pair of 12" Kicker L5 Solobaric subs that are totally my little champs. They're constantly getting long gun cases and guitars jammed up against them and they still sound fantastic after something like three years. Keeping those unless I get some sort of sponsorship where it wouldn't be kosher. Also have a Rockford Fosgate 1/2 farad capacitor in there. My headlights no longer dim when the uber base hits. Everything else is OEM for the 8G LS.

The system sounds as great as it can with the previous owner's crappy wiring job. Honestly, in my experience it's the wires and the connections that really make a system sound clear and smooth. I'd rather get some lower end parts and have them professionally installed rather than get a bunch of real nice stuff that my DIY installation doesn't do justice.

I'm thinking of going with Alpine for the deck. Also pursuing a partial sponsorship deal with JL Audio for new amp, subs, etc.

very true about the headunit...truth is my girlfriends giving me the money to go buy it for christmas...its either that or a necklace...i can get the head unit with my own money...

then get the head unit as well, it will cost more and/or be more work for a worse sound if you dont get a head unit

give me a real budget and what you want exactly and i can help you out a bit more