The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Flush transmission fluid for 7G?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    I found the tutorial that appears to be for an 8G, but I can't find it for the 7G. I have been searching, but if I just missed it give me a link!

The dealer says to use their SP3 fluid. My mechanic says to use that one or a synthetic. Autozone says to use ATF+4 (fully synthetic). What has worked for you?

Is the procedure the same as the tutorial for the 8G (link below)? Does anyone have the pictures available?

Thanks!
    BTW: I have a 97 ES, all stock.
    Link to the tutorial for 8G: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index...showtopic=18704
    97 Galant ES, 4 cyl

use the dealer fluid. if you choose not to use the dealer fluid, try to use a fluid that meets mitsu's standards. the back of the bottle will tell you. note that it might be difficult to find some ATF that meets mitsu's standards.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I highly recommend changing the trans. fluid every 20K miles. Filter every 40K.
    I never had a problem with my auto trans., and I believe it is because of the regular change.
    Many people complain about the bad auto transmission, I wonder how often the change the fluid.
    In my last change, barely 500 miles ago, I used the mitsu fluid from the dealer, it shifts better than before. I had Dexron IV before.
    I have a 1998 Galant with 168K miles.
    1998 Galant 178k miles Automatic
    1996 Galant 170k miles Automatic

I bought the dealer fluid today and a filter and gasket. I will be working on it this afternoon. Thanks for the replies. I am going to assume that the tutorial will work for 7G as well as 8G.
    97 Galant ES, 4 cyl

I gotta do this too.
    AkA ILL InFeCteD

I did the change with mitsubishi fluid and it went fine. The tutorial worked great.

Thanks!
    97 Galant ES, 4 cyl

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Pricey but worth it if you wanna maintain the life of your tranny. On a side note! Makes sure while you are doing all this that you check your tranny cooler and the hoses that go to it. I have seen a many trannies fail because their cooler is either no good or leaking.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

as long as u do a half decent job it should be alright