The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: uneven car height

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    FinalLast

uneven car height

I just noticed it a couple days ago.
    anyone have any idea why my car would have an uneven car height.
    its not much.. but if you look at it for one than 2 secs you will notice it.
    its the rear of the car.
    i got a stock car.
    =)

thanks!

Tiptronic
    are you sure that the pavement is level.

have you checked your tire pressure.

did you buy your car new, and if not, are you certain that it wasnt in an accident in the past.

last but not least, check to make sure that you havent blown a shock or something like that.

check your springs, maybe they aren't "settling" correctly or maybe u have some uneven cargo in the trunk or something

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

FinalLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PinoyESV6
    check your springs, maybe they aren't "settling" correctly or maybe u have some uneven cargo in the trunk or something

what does it mean by "settling"?
    i have nothing in my trunk

Quote Originally Posted by FinalLast

lets say that u were a 300 lb guy (im guessing you're not) and lets say u always ride in an empty car in the front seat. because of your weight the springs will compress right? and overtime the springs will wear down and kinda get used to being in that compressed state. and thats what i mean by settling

Senior TGC Member
    My car has always had 5 inch clearance up front and 6 in the rear...I don't mind too terribly much.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

FinalLast

lets say that u were a 300 lb guy (im guessing you're not) and lets say u always ride in an empty car in the front seat. because of your weight the springs will compress right? and overtime the springs will wear down and kinda get used to being in that compressed state. and thats what i mean by settling
    Ok I understand now.
    How can I get it unsettled?
    btw I ride alone alot, but I am only about 130-140.

and the uneven car height is rear left being about an inch lower than rear right.

STRANGE!!

=)

I bought the car used.
    When I bought the car a month ago it was not like this.

Tiptronic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    My car has always had 5 inch clearance up front and 6 in the rear...I don't mind too terribly much.
    I think he's talking side to side

Senior TGC Member
    Could be a problem hehehe...my wheel gaps are different on all 4 corners but it doesn't affect the height any side to side or front to back apparently. Also is it just me or have you folks noticed the wheel gaps are different on stock vehicles? I took a stroll through the dealer lot and I saw so many variations...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

FinalLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MITSU_I4
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallifan
    I think he's talking side to side
    yup!
    What I meant was side to side.

Hrm I really didn't look into the wheel gap.
    I just look at my rear bumper and trunk.
    They are not leveled.

Maybe my shocks/spings are bad?

could be worn bushings or a fatigued spring.

FinalLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    hrm.. worn bushing.. how many mile before bushings needs to be changed???

How can I fix fatigued springs?
    jack the car up?

:?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    hrm.. worn bushing.. how many mile before bushings needs to be changed???

How can I fix fatigued springs?
    jack the car up?

:?
    uhm u can let the car sit up on a jack and let tyhe tire on that one corner sit up in the air so that the springs will stretch and they will temporarily stretch the spring so it looks higher but it also causes lots of stress to the springs and makes em get bad quicker.

as for what is a fatigue spring, its one that has gone bad. meaning you'd have to replace em...

Nick VR4
    What about the gas tank causing that ?

b-boy_sky
    "No, no....it's just because you only have one shoe one"

(quote from Happy Gilmore)......couldn't resist....