The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1g big rods and flexpipe questions

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    My first question is are these pistons any good. I won't be using them but I just wanted to know if I should keep them or throw em in the trash. The other 3 are in similar condition

Second I need a new flexpipe. When i looked at my old one it is 9 inches long so I was wondering if this would work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-EXHAUST...sspagenameZWDVW

Quote Originally Posted by gravy
    My first question is are these pistons any good. I won't be using them but I just wanted to know if I should keep them or throw em in the trash. The other 3 are in similar condition

Second I need a new flexpipe. When i looked at my old one it is 9 inches long so I was wondering if this would work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-EXHAUST...sspagenameZWDVW

as long as your exhaust pipint is 2.5" wide and you can get someone to cut out the old one and weld this one in, i dont see why you would have a problem
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

Experienced TGC Member
    Dont trash those pistons... Sell them...

I dont know...is that a huge dent is the side of the piston? I'd trash em...dont think they are any good. Cant quite tell from the pic...got any others?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Need a bigger pic of the pistons. Did the valves hit them? Id assume so, I dont think stock 2g pistons have valve reliefs.

So whats new with your car? Any updates?
    7g for life!

The reason I ask is because the valves were touching the pistons but. when ran with a new head they didnt hit.
    Yeah ive done a few things and trying to get everything pieced together and installed

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    As long as they arent cracked they should be fine. You will want to lightly grind down the sharp spots on the pistons, you want smooth angles. My valves hit my current pistons, I just smoothed the tops out and they work just fine. You dont want to grind very much though, just enough to get rid of any sharp edges.
    7g for life!