The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front clanking noise solved.

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar

Front clanking noise solved.

Ever since I bought the g in Nov. of 2004, I always hear this clanking sound whenever I'm on rough roads and it was really annoying me. After changing/upgrading the suspension and all other parts, the problem was still there...until today.....

I brought my car for a brake check and the shop replaced my worn out brake pads. After that, the clanking noise was gone! I even tried going over very rough roads many times and still no noise. It really feels like I'm driving a new car! I just can't figure out how could a brake pad replacement remove the clanking noise???

Anyway, the only thing left right now is that sqeaking noise, I think it's coming from the glove compartment or something.

So for those of you who still have this clanking noise problem, a check on your brake pads might help!

Im guessing that your slides were sticking causing your worn down pad to move around abit. Just a guess. Glad that you got it fixed.

Experienced TGC Member jimmy_o2's Avatar
    hey thanks im going to do that cause im getting that same noise ill update when i get it done ps did it also make that noise when u hit the brakes when i first heard thst noise i thought it was my shock mounts but my mechanic said no hey checked everything out except the brakes but ima do my brakes thanks again ill update in a week