The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Comp 272

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    Ok so i was looking at some cams for my head swap. I plan on getting a 1g ported head and i found some 272 gears for pretty cheap. Now should i get some 272's for intake and exhaust or should i get 264's? Also what types should i get? I found comp and they look pretty good but also saw some HKS. Also is there very much difference in running 264 for my intake and 272 exhaust.

Also has anyone tried Crower cams? They sell three kinds and havent found much on them. All i found was

-Stage 1 Street use, emphasis on bottom end

-Stage 2 - Most popular profile for street/strip

-Stage 3 - Race, rough idle, built cylinder head
    any one try any of these?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have no experience with cams, but FFWD has some good prices on HKS replicas:

www.ffwdconnection.com
    7g for life!

allright well im looking for some cams cause the head im getting doesnt have any and was planning on buying new ones anyways. I found the HKS and the site has from 264 to 272 and was wondering what i should get. HKS says a good setup is a 264 on the intake side and 272 on the exhaust side. Also ive been reading that the 272's are really good just they give you a rough idle, but give you a really good tone and lots of power just out of the box