The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: cant remove brake rotor (yes, i searched)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    ok
    do the tooth fairy method...

tie a chain to the rotor and then the other end of the chain to a truck....

and just yank it off

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

i am sure the car will fall off the jack, brake a ball joint, then rip out the fender and the rotor will still be on
    parting out my 7g project. 1g turbo head with gs cam gears, talon tsi front and rear brakes/5lug conversion. xtc 2g fwd clutch and pressure plate. complete 7g 5spped swap. jdm e54a headlights stock 97 tails, interior trim pieces. [email protected]
    http://www.thegalantcenter.net/forum...211#post477211

are you still having problems with this? post up some pictures of the rotor you are having trouble with.

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

Quote Originally Posted by dsm galant
    i am sure the car will fall off the jack, brake a ball joint, then rip out the fender and the rotor will still be on
    Quote Originally Posted by little blue
    ok, look at the rotor. towards the center near the lugs, is there two small holes. if so, get a bolt that will fit that hole and screw it in there. this will help lift the center of the rotor off. then use a hammer to do the rest.
    Maybe you should take all your wrenches and tools and get a ride to Sears and get a refund.
    The solution is not to beat the shit out of it. The solution is to screw a bolt in the removal holes and pop the rotor off. My fronts were so warped they vibrated the car and this method still works. It's also whats recommended in the service manual. If you haven't damaged your rotors beyond repair by beating them try the advice little blue gave you.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55
    The solution is not to beat the shit out of it. The solution is to screw a bolt in the removal holes and pop the rotor off. My fronts were so warped they vibrated the car and this method still works. It's also whats recommended in the service manual. If you haven't damaged your rotors beyond repair by beating them try the advice little blue gave you.
    sorry pal, at this point, the only thing thats going to happen is the bolt will strip out the thread of those holes.
    if he has beat the rotors to hell like suggested and they havne't come off, then they are on there in a way a few ftlbs of torque from a 8mm thread bolt is going to put out.

i've never ever seen a rotor that didn't come off with a few solid strikes from a ball peen hammer.

usually just the first will beark it loose.

so, did you try sitting the car down on the rotor?
    put a concrete block under the rotor then lower the car onto it.
    the weight of the vehicle should break it loose.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

by beating the rotor from the front and back, he probably wedge the thing on there from friction. try the bolt method, before you try and sheer off a lug. it will take a whole five minutes to try and then if it doesn't work, kick the jack out and let the car drop.

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

Quote Originally Posted by dsm galant
    my bad, i meant 97 es galant

front rotors, no screws at all

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    just give it a break and bring it to a shop or something.. don't wanna fuck it up don't you??

This thread is funny...

If you have a floor jack, I think setting the car down on the rotor is a good idea, just make sure it isn't going to fall more than 1/4 or 1/2 an inch. If it does, then it'll mean body damage...

ouch, i dunno....
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

this is a 2 year old topic

why reviving it idk
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12