The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: bumper conversion Q.....

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

bumper conversion Q.....

heres the deal...

i have an 02 es and had the vis cyber 2 body kit on it. after about a year of bottoming out i got into an accident. i decided to go back to stock on the front but didnt like the 02 front bumper. plus i already had the 99-01 grille to fit on the vis cyber 2 body kit. So i purchased the 01 bumper had it painted and installed. but now i have gaps below my headlights and above my bumper. is there a part that i may be missing that the 99-01s have? i looked on mitsubishioemparts.com and the only thing i could think of is a "bumper upper support"???

so to recap... 02 es with a 99-01 bumper and 99-01 grille = gaps below the headlights.

any ideas what is causing this or whyat part i need?

thanks
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    If you look at the top of the 99-01 bumper under the grill and heads you'll see holes going across the top of the bumper. You put clips in those holes to connect the bumper upper support to the bumper then you bolt the bumper upper support to the radiator support.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

when you were in your accident, the frame wasn't bent or damaged was it? That might be a possiblity. I had that problem w/ my old G, a gap only on one side because that one side was bent. It was fustrating.

so do i need an upper support for the 99-01? or will i need an upper support for the 02? shouldnt i have the one for the 02 or was that most likely removed when i got the cyber 2 front on? any info is appreciated.
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

you need an uppoer support. its what keeps the front of the bumper up. since you have the old style bumper try to get one for the old style bumper. you had one for the 02 but if that was install with your old bumper then it probably got damaged in the accident.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

does the 02 have the same holes in the same place as the 01 for the support? because wouldnt i need to make sure that the holes are the same and then get the 01 upper support? that way i can bolt it to the bumper and then bolt the bumper cover to the support? am i making sense? just want to make sure i get it all squared away before i order.

the bumper support mounting locations for the car are the same with all usdm 8g's there are two different bumper supports for the 2 different bumpers cuz there is a sligth shape difference between the bumper covers.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.