The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hey Guys New Pics Of Whats Coming Up...Some new pics

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031
Showing results 601 to 607 of 607
    ok..so i have bad news and good news. Derrick from AWD Motorsports ran into a few problems, once he got done working with the map he tried to do a run and the moment the car got to 20 psi the fuel pressure dropped to nothing. weird..so we started looking into possibilities, we ran power straight to the pump which is a stealth 340 which is more than enough for this job. odd thing out of nowhere the pump stopped receiving power. and car would not crank over anymore. relay was good, and fuse was good. we changed the fuse anyways and fuel pump started working again. now to figure out why the fuel pressure is dropping when it reaches 20 psi, the gauge read 40 psi of fuel and when it reached 20 psi it dropped to 0. again odd. we check the vacuum source the regulator was getting and teed it with the BOV. did another run BINGO pressure went from 40-60. car did a great run. but now the car is doing 18 psi and dropping to 15psi... whats going on he said isnt it a 25 psi actuator. and yes FP performance should have shipped a 25 psi actuator, odd maybe i got a 18 psi actuator instead. he suggest there might be a boost leak somewhere, i would not doubt it, since i haven't checked. but just in case we installed a manual boost controller and set it to 25 psi, car ran great BUT not making the power it should be making with my set up. everyone from the shop came out and said there is no way what the car is making is correct, there is a boost leak somewhere. all in all i made 334whp and 336wtq. everyone there said from the dozens and dozens of evo they have tuned over the years with my set-up where hitting low to mid 400's. they told me to check everything again and if i find the source i can come back and they will finish the tune and no expense. all in all great people and tomorrow i will get down to see where this damm leak is that is costing me 100+whp. here is the final run of the night.

here is a video of the decent LEAKY run
    http://youtu.be/BLuPX4ITR8Y
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

Re: Hey Guys New Pics Of Whats Coming Up...Some new pics

U can hear it too, good run btw

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

hear what??? the leak??? i dont hear it.. all i heard in person and in the video is the turbo spooling up and then once max boost external dump opening sounding like its gonna blow up. lol
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

dude! That was sexy!
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Hey Guys New Pics Of Whats Coming Up...Some new pics

Symptoms sounds like a boost leak. Where are you getting the vacuum source for the fpr? I find that straight from the manifold is better than from a vacuum block.

When my tuner and I went over the car we found that even though the gauge read 8psi it was actually not opening until 15psi due to all the systems boost leaks. I would definitely test the piping to make sure they aren't leaking. Boost leak can act like a vacuum leak especially at high boost.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

made this about a week ago. my first time playing around making a picture video. also includes the latest dyno video towards the end.

http://youtu.be/G-fBh5YdU2w
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes View Post
    made this about a week ago. my first time playing around making a picture video. also includes the latest dyno video towards the end.

http://youtu.be/G-fBh5YdU2w
    Well put together!!!! I'm speechless. WOW!!! On another note, what did you do with your last turbo set up?

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212728293031