Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
Showing results 561 to 580 of 607
    Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    what are the specs on the special fitting

here http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640820/
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272
    ported Dual Ball Bearing FP RED 84mm 25psi w/ external dump

ohhh i forgot to mention...there were a few bumps on the road...but shes ALIVE!!!!

dont mind the smoke, thats just the paint on the headers being exposed to the heat for the first time. power steering fluid ran a bit low causing that grinding noise you might hear. everything is fixed just waiting on the JOHN to come tune it so i can take it out for a drive. car right now idles between 2k and rises to 3k. left it on for about 8 minutes let it sit for 30 and cranked it again for 8 minutes, will continue later. stay tuned for more

heres the video, didnt get initial start up but it was a couple seconds after it turned on.

http://youtu.be/LeQ3cD5KHj0
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

congrates

Monster is waking up!

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Congrats on getting this completed!
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Some are asking how I wired up the fans. Well I did one push and one pull and wired them up to the factory resistor box that's normally located with the stock radiator fan motor. Disconnected the box and the connector for the condenser fan motor and wired them up to the new fans. Works like factory comes on at 180 degrees with no problem. Car is now stable and idling normal. Must admit it has opened up my love for this car all over again especially the idle with the 272 cams sounds so sexy.

Anyways here a picture of the box and where i put it

Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

so what was behind the idle issue?

im sure you've went to a different tuning solution. though, I have to ask did you ever figure out the deal with the e-manage?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post
    so what was behind the idle issue?

im sure you've went to a different tuning solution. though, I have to ask did you ever figure out the deal with the e-manage?
    i never had any issues with the emanage, and its pretty easy to tune with ran 3 years with it. im running the evo 8 ecu now.. my idle problems were i had a base tune with the MAF settings set to the stock galant unit and i had swapped out to an evo MAF unit so the idle was high and messed up, fixed the numbers and bingo nice rough idle at 1k rpms, by rough i mean due to the 272 cams.
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

Nice. U get that idle fix by tuning the idle timing and your idle map. Also increase your min temp for close loop to 40 so it could stay longer in open loop. The car needs to run a little richer for the 272 cams.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Nice. U get that idle fix by tuning the idle timing and your idle map. Also increase your min temp for close loop to 40 so it could stay longer in open loop. The car needs to run a little richer for the 272 cams.
    havent had to much time to play with it.

heres a video of how the cars sits now.

http://youtu.be/kNeR6jT0sA8
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

Wow that sounds awesome!!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Nice. Sounds good. Idle a little high. Why do you have the CEL? If you idle is above 1000K the computer will hit you with a CEL. also your temp gauge is not moving or is moving slow!!! Very clean built.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-14-2011 at 05:42 PM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Nice. Sounds good. Idle a little high. Why do you have the CEL? If you idle is above 1000K the computer will hit you with a CEL. also your temp gauge is not moving or is moving slow!!! Very clean built.
    Car Has not warmed up fully in the video. It's at 1.5k until it warms up about a minute later then drops to around 1k which is normal in this setup. CEL is on due to some sensors missing like the fuel temp sensor that the evo has I don't have it and don't really mind the light on. Nothing major everything working properly.
    Last edited by whokilledhoughes; 12-14-2011 at 06:07 PM
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

Quote Originally Posted by whokilledhoughes View Post
    Car Has not warmed up fully in the video. It's at 1.5k until it warms up about a minute later then drops to around 1k which is normal in this setup. CEL is on due to some sensors missing like the fuel temp sensor that the evo has I don't have it and don't really mind the light on. Nothing major everything working properly.
    Ohh cool. Yeah get the temp sensor disable. Check evom. I know they have the solution in one of the threads. Dam i had the location of the bit too. I have to search around on the rom to find it for you. send me your evo rom and xml to check it out. Also the Pxxxx code you getting.

Email:
    [email protected]
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-15-2011 at 05:54 PM

SOHC Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    ooooooo ahhhhhhhh

:)

disable bit 11 in periphery3(FDA) to get rid of the fuel temp sensor codes

what other codes do you have?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    disable bit 11 in periphery3(FDA) to get rid of the fuel temp sensor codes

what other codes do you have?

that sounds about right. He could try and test.

reset code
    disable the bit
    and re flash

SOHC Turbo

ill check this weekend im usually very busy during the week. thanks guys ill look into that
    Fully Built 4G63
    HKS 272

did you already disable the fuel pressure solenoid and wastgate solenoid codes? just go ahead and disable evap and egr codes too. then take all that crap off. let me know i'll send you the code to force pass emissions test and the code to individual test on and off.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Thats is what is cool about the evo ROM. Everything is well define on that field.

SOHC Turbo

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast