The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Started 5 speed swap yesterday!!

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Started 5 speed swap yesterday!!

Yet another 5 speed swap almost done!! I took the engine and tranny out yesterday because last Sat my A/T went limp after i crunk up the boost a little!! I have already put the new clutch and tranny on my motor all i have left is to put the shifter in and cut the holes...The engine bay needs a good spraying down from all the trans fluid going everywhere...I will post pics later!!

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    You need to answer the phone

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Nice going, any pics?

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

phizz2k
    Keep it up...yet another 5speed swaped 7g....yessssssss

Quote Originally Posted by bronxbombr
    Nice going, any pics?
    No pics yet! I really didnt get much done today because i was too busy cleaning up the engine bay!!!But the next time i start back working on it i will take pics!! I still have about another 1.5 hours of clean up time!!(Between bent H/G and tranny)I just might be working on some other things also! so im not in a big hurry right now!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Sounds good man, definitely clean up the engine bay before you drop the motor back in. Thats one thing I didnt do, it didnt really need it then, but it really needs it now haha! Good luck man, feel free to call me if you run into trouble, but Im sure you can handle everything ;)
    7g for life!

I did some more work on the car today!! I got the holes drilled clutch master cylinder, installed the pedals,shifter,cables,console all i have left is to put back on my a/c tensioner(took it off while doing timing) and install the motor and tranny then wire everything up!!! I was going to take pics today but my camera batterys were dead!! But i will take some tomorrow of my progress before i finish up...

I am jealous...mine is still not moving ahead like it should! Congrats and post them pics! I will post a shit load when I get started

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Im done with the swap!!!YEA... The car runs good,i just hate i cant hide blowing off anymore.. Sorry guys i didnt take any pics of the swap wihile it was being done but i will take pics of the finished product once i get a new shifter and boot!!
    Oh yea on the 96's the wires to cross on the Inhibitor plug is the thick black wire with yellow stripe and the thick black wire with the blue stripe.. From what i read my 96 is different from Seth's 98 and Peanotation 94,someone might need to add that to the tutorial..I also want to say thanks to Njfudge for helping me with removing the tranny from the doner car and Seth for taking my phone call to answer some questions Friday morning even though he was sleep!!!Remember check the members pics in a week or 2 for my new pics!!

phizz2k
    cool I had the same two wires to cross on my 97es.... Its a crappy feeling, going to start the car thinking you got the right wires crossed and you get nohthing :)...

But ya congrats, I know you will be pleased with the control of a 5 speed....