The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Headers Are Coming Next Week

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
    4G64

7G Headers Are Coming Next Week

I don't know how useful this information is.. But I just called VisionImports and they told me that the RPW 7G Header is coming to port next week. All orders will be shipped out from VisionImports by end of November (hopefully)... They are 380+50s/h... I ordered one and I am crossing my finders that they come on time... I just went to the Mitsu Dealer today to get all the necessary gaskets for the exhaust system for a custom build one.....

p.s.
    those damn gaskets aren't cheap.. 7 bucks a piece...

I already have them on. Personally, I wish I woulda just kept my money and saved up for a turbo or the whole engine swap. I know every car is different. As for me, I really didnt feel an increase in hp and definately not in torque. If anything, I lost low end torque. Thats because I think I lost a lot of back pressure. But like I said every car is different.
    I would appreciate it if you peeps post what you think of them, when you install them. THANKZ !!! My check engine light comes on now too after installing it. But I cant say for sure that the headers is whats causing it.

96TEXASgalant
    FLIPN, WHAT ARE YOUR SPECS AND MODS? MAYBE SOMETHING ISN'T WORKING WELL WITH THE HEADERS. THAT SURE IS SOME BAD NEWS FOR ME.

4G64
    is your Car a Fed Spec or Cali Spec ny79?

cuz on Fed cars.. the design of the header is pretty nasty... the exhaust manifold pipe for 2 and 3 cylinder came out the block and then joins together and down to the cat... no free flow at all...

My car is a Cali spec. It sucked coz I had to run straight headers for a while till I got a chance to bring it to a muffler shop and get another flex pipe costumized. That was my fault coz I thought mine was a fed galant since i bought it in NY. With the stock exhaust manifold I didnt think there was a difference, just that cali spec had a pre-cat. Hopefully for you guys it all works out, and get good gains.

By the way I dont really have a lot of mods just akimoto intake, borla exhaust, and the RPW headers for performance wise.

4G64
    I think Cali spec cars are a bit restrictive to preserve the "clean" air in California... have u ever thought use a test pipe to replace one of the Cat?

I have similar mods as you are.. intake.. exhaust....

Yea, I thought about a test pipe. But my car is registered in NY, so it has to go through emissions once a year. I believe I only got one cat now though. Since the header with the flex pipe run straight to my second cat, after that there is a resonator or two then to the muffler. Iam thinking about knocking out my resonator, coz I was expecting my exhaust to be a lot louder but ended up sounding exactly the same with the header. But Iam a little worried about losing too much back pressure, what do you think ???

Kain
    Oooh, the irony. You bought your Galant in NY and got a Cali spec. Mine was purchased in Cali (by the prevoius owner) and it's a fed spec. Yeah, looking at the RPW unit, and than at the OEM piece, I'd say you should see a signifigant improvement if all is working as it should. The stock exhaust manifold is just plain nasty, but than again most OEMs are. I'm gonna wait until I hear more from people before I place my order (a convinient excuse I'm gonna use until I actually have the money to buy them )

4G64
    as far as knocking out resonators..... I would not recommend it... well lemme ask u this then.. did u notice any noise reduction after u install the header? I heard from couple friends that their exhaust tone was reduced after they install header on their cars.. i.e. Nissan and Honda.....

I've seen hi-flow or performance resonators... that in reality is just another straight through muffler.... they let exhaust gass pass them at almost unrestrictive piping while reduce the noise level.... I personally has a limit to how loud my exhaust can sound..... and my exhaust is pretty loud now..... so when I do my exhaust I am going to ask them to put on maybe two large hi-flow resonators... so quiet down the exhaust.. and in Virginia... cops are being more and more aggressive about these things.... I got a warning the other night for loud exhaust.. but I told them it was an exhaust leak versus loud muffler. and the cop believed me.... go figure...... so I got off with just a warning to get it fixed....

4G64
    I don't mean the spread wrong information or anything.. but I figure since I start this post I might as well be the one to say this... I just got an e-mail from Vision Imports... seems that I won't be able to get my header until maybe the end of the year or early January....

This really sux.... I was so looking forward to getting it and redo my exhaust.. now looks like I am going have to start redo my exhaust before I install the header.... Does anyone know if anyone else carry the header other than Vision Imports?

p.s.
    Again I am sorry for any incovenience I may have caused by posting that the headers are coming this month... I was excited too when I heard and I thought I shared with you guys... but I guess I was a bit rash doing that.. sorry!!

96TEXASgalant
    What happened?

4G64
    honestly I have no idea... that goes about everything I do... hahaha!

when I called the guy on the phone said that the headers are coming to port on the 22nd or 23rd of this month..... and they will ship them 3 to 5 days after they get it... and I made sure he meant November no December....

Saturday I e-mail Vision Imports confirm my order with my shipping address and stuff.... I got a e-mail back...

"
    We should have the headers in Dec, if not, Early Jan.
    They are on back order, hopefully we can get another
    shipment before christmas.
    Thanks
    Sales
    "

96TEXASgalant
    Damn, I can imagine the way you feel. :shock: