The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shift knob w/ overdrive??

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

shift knob w/ overdrive??

hey everyone, just wanted to know who makes shift knobs for an automatic galant with overdrive. i used to see people sell them , but ive been tryin too now n i cant find any
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    check out opt auto...they have a bunch of Napolex/Levoc ones for like $80. I got my Levoc w/o overdrive for $40 on eBay. I just wired up a pushbutton switch in front of the shifter for the o/d...works rather well
    7g for life!

how about for a 95 GALANT S stick shift......looking for a shilf nob and a jacket that will fit with no gap between the two....have bought one, but the gap was too big and did not look good...any help wouldd be great. :twisted:
    The Few, The Proud, The Galants
    "SEMPER FIDELIS"

ya know

thanks,
    even though they are made for a different car, they will still fit my galant. i like the last one on the last link....but will it come wiith a jacket?
    "SEMPER FIDELIS"

MaxedOut97Maxima
    they fit all Japanese cars w/od button shift knobs

jacket what do you mean?

TGC Regular
    im thinkin when he says "jacket" he means a boot for the shifter
    - Atba

i think he's right
    "SEMPER FIDELIS"

MaxedOut97Maxima
    no they do not they come w/like a shaft that you slide over the stock shaft...but not a boot...

i bought a boot from ebay for lyke 10 bucks that is grey and black lyke 2 weeks ago but this guys is hella lagging and imm just waiting looks good in the pics but ill let you guys kno the quality of it when i get it
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

queball
    I like the one with the crome and rose wood it would match my car perfect and look great but 80$ is a little to much..

Kain
    You don't actually need an OD button on the shifter... It's just a button that happens to be on the shifter because it's the most convinient place to put it. You can move that button to the dash, hide it somewhere, or eliminate it all together. Just letting ya know. And for the shift boot, who needs it? But, rubberbands stratigically placed will keep the top in place. If you need more info on this, PM me and I'll go over exactly how that works.

Experienced TGC Member
    You can move it, but why would you remove it completely thats the only way I get to feel like I can control shifting in my pos automatic

Ride 3rd all the way out to 5500-6000 hit the OD button and vrOoom lol..then 2 seconds later slam the brakes...damn nYc traffic.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

could you cut out a spot in the shift knob for the overdrive button

make sure u get a knob for toyota/nissan/mitsu. the honda/acura ones won't fit.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.