The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what member had this done?

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

what member had this done?

it was a while back a month or even three ago and someone here had a shop install JDM headlights (and mabye the front bumper). he said that the guy was able to make a braket or something to fit the JDM lights in without having to cut into the radiator support....my question is whichever member you are, do you have pics of this bracket or how it was made like plans from teh shop?

I would rather have a braket then cut into my radiator support to make them fit.....looking into this because I want to purchase JDM lights but looking into the fitment of them.

i don't see how a bracket will make the jdm headlights fit in there without it sticking out and looking like ass. the radiator support is modified to allow more room for the larger jdm headlights.

you could cut the jdm headlights but you'd have to seal them up so you don't have a condensation problem.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    i don't see how a bracket will make the jdm headlights fit in there without it sticking out and looking like ass. the radiator support is modified to allow more room for the larger jdm headlights.
    exactly

I believe I am the member you are asking about. The bracket was not for the headlights, but for the radiator support he just made them a lil longer. It pushes the radiator back a lil bit to give clearance so you dont have to butcher the headlights. There is no way around cutting the radiator support.

Back from the dead!!!

Even if there was a bracket to make it fit with out cutting the rad support your headlights would be sticking out and not sitting no were near flush with the hood.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

Quote Originally Posted by shortdogg2k05
    I believe I am the member you are asking about. The bracket was not for the headlights, but for the radiator support he just made them a lil longer. It pushes the radiator back a lil bit to give clearance so you dont have to butcher the headlights. There is no way around cutting the radiator support.
    I knew I would screw up what the bracket was for......so then really either way I still have to cut into the radiator support to get them in. do you have pics of the braket or how far the radiator sits back? Im trying to convince my parents that the cutting into the radiator support doesnt weaken the frame any, that it's only the radiator support.....the car is mine, but they are worried about safety and dont want me cutting up a perfectly good car and screwing it up.

its really not that much that u have to cut...i just did mine last week
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

I would do it myself but Im kinda hesitant of doing the cutting myself, that and I need the headlights first....