The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How do you remove the yellow Fuse box Case?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

How do you remove the yellow Fuse box Case?

Dumb question, but please help. There are two fuses locked in a little yellow case. One of them blew this week. It's the one that controls the dome lights, and clock. Can anybody tell me how to get the fuses out of it so you can change them? The yellow box isn't shown in the diagram in the book and pulling it up doesn't release the fuses. I have a 2002 Galant btw. Thanks in advance.

place ya fingers on the outside of the case and pull up, it should just pop up.... then remove the fuse that was blown, and push the case back down....... I had to remove it and almost went brain dead trying to figure out how to get the fuse out

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Thanks for the quick reply. So, it just comes up? It doesn't come off? Even when I pull it up, the fuses are still held in place by the yellow box. Am I missing a step? I feel brain dead for not being able to remove a fuse. :P

yea just pull it up, the fuses stay in place and the yellow case raises up enough so the fuse can come out, but the case will not pull off... so dont worry bout it, your not missing any steps... im guessing you blew your radio fuse

2001 5 speed 4g64T

Yeah it's the radio fuse. Thanks for the help.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    you can actually remove that yellow fuse casing it serves no purpose but pissing folks off