The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DIN socket on back of Infinity HU

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

DIN socket on back of Infinity HU

I took out the stock Infinity HU from my car today, to see if it has any sockets on the back for accessories, and what it will accept.

Mine just has a single DIN socket, I have a feeling it's an output socket, oftenly used for subwoofers, is that correct?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Re: DIN socket on back of Infinity HU

Quote Originally Posted by Gtsnapper
    I took out the stock Infinity HU from my car today, to see if it has any sockets on the back for accessories, and what it will accept.

Mine just has a single DIN socket, I have a feeling it's an output socket, oftenly used for subwoofers, is that correct?

Any comments would be much appreciated.
    That's the input socket from your amp, which is under the front passenger seat. It will accept a factory compatible CD changer. Any thing other than that will require hard wiring of the harness or what's know as a MITAH cable that converts the DIN plug on the harness to normal wiring so you can use any head unit.

You can buy one HERE
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

I need to correct what I wrote. It has two DIN sockets. One is occupied, I think that's the one you're talking about FishBoy55.

The other DIN socket is free, and Im wondering if it can be used for a Subwoofer.

Where are u in VA?

Near Roanoke

I need to correct what I wrote. It has two DIN sockets. One is occupied, I think that's the one you're talking about FishBoy55.

The other DIN socket is free, and Im wondering if it can be used for a Subwoofer.
    Don't think so. It's designed for a factory cd changer. The pinout isn't listed in the circuit diagram of the radio.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishboy55

Don't think so. It's designed for a factory cd changer. The pinout isn't listed in the circuit diagram of the radio.
    Ok, thanks Fishboy55, I understand now.