The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: S7 Autotechnic gauges problem...

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

S7 Autotechnic gauges problem...

Just received from n3oac1d (Thanks Neo!) and installed it but now the temp. needle doesn't seem to work. Anyone had this problem before? I will try to loosen up the screw and put it back in later tonight (it'll be 100F here in DC!). Everything else is working just fine...just my temp needle.

pull the needle up a little bit, not too much and try not to move it, cuz once its comes off, u gonna have to re-calibrate it

Any chance that I'll pull the needle all the way up?? What is re-calibrating?

Thanks...
    r3mY

just move it very slowly, it'll be tight but once it starts to move just dont pull it off, if u do pull it off u gonna have to start teh car, let it warm up and put the needle back on where it normally is when its warm (thats re-calibrating)

also make sure that the actual gauge face isn't popping up. if you tap on the gauge face there shouldn't be a gap between the new face and the old faces. if it is popping you might want to put some thin double sided tape in between the new and the old faces.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    I have the same problem on my temp needle. First it worked well, then when the weather here started heating up, the needle started to get stuck. I need to lift up the temp needle a little bit as well.

-

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    also make sure that the actual gauge face isn't popping up. if you tap on the gauge face there shouldn't be a gap between the new face and the old faces. if it is popping you might want to put some thin double sided tape in between the new and the old faces.
    Yeah the new face is actually popping out...my friend told me to put a tape in between.

Quote Originally Posted by SleekGTZ
    I have the same problem on my temp needle. First it worked well, then when the weather here started heating up, the needle started to get stuck. I need to lift up the temp needle a little bit as well.

-
    Have you gotten it to fix?

Experienced TGC Member SleekGTZ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jhendra83
    Have you gotten it to fix?
    Not yet, I'm too busy (lazy) at work right now. But I'll do it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted
    just move it very slowly, it'll be tight but once it starts to move just dont pull it off, if u do pull it off u gonna have to start teh car, let it warm up and put the needle back on where it normally is when its warm (thats re-calibrating)
    Fixed it...thanks bro ;)

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Fixed it...thanks bro ;)
    you pulled it out a little bit?
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    Yeah...just pulled it up a lil bit and the bitch started working...:D

PS: Mod can lock this thread...

Experienced TGC Member n3oAcid24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by n3oAcid24
    Yeah...just pulled it up a lil bit and the bitch started working...:D

PS: Mod can lock this thread...
    good to hear man....
    n3oAcid24 = 01' Galant I4

Fixed it...thanks bro ;)

glad i can be of service :)