The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help needed, quickly if possible

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Help needed, quickly if possible

im trying to change headlight bulbs and clear corners. i have the headlights unscrewed but i cant seem to figure how to get the actual headlight bulbs out. i got the corners out no problem
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

There's a spring clip that holds the bulb in the housing. just push it past the release point and it will swing open allowing you to remove the bulb. When putting the bulb back, make sure its aligned and seated correctly then push the spring clip back under the the curved lip that holds it in place.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

thanks

now im trying to clear the corners but for the life of me i cant free the yellow lens

I ended up taking a chizle and hammer to it. Ever so gently of course. Broke them into pieces small enough to jiggle out. Rinsed out the whole assembly and let dry. Looks nice but ended up with little micro scratches that you can see when you look close.

i gave up on clearing corners for now

ended up scratching the lens because i didnt care, when i took the heads out i found out that whoever had them before me found a way to break off random pieces of the housing so its not sealed. o well, just another reason to buy new heads

ahem.....JDM headlights homie. Trust you won't be disappointed.

jdm are nice but i dont want to mess with cutting things up right now

How about Double projectors with Angel eyes!

Experienced TGC Member
    since u have a black car.... I say 02-03 heads cleared.... with HIDS

i would love those blue angel eyes but i cant make them myself, im just not that good, and i already pmed eric about making more but obviously im down low on the list

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    try taking a butter knife and bending the tip...easiest way is to clamp the knife to a piece of wood concrete whatever you can that has a 90 degree or curved and and hit it a few times with a hammer, or you can take plyers and try to bend it then stick it in the little hole, as you pull it should break pretty easilly, i found this to be the easiest tool to use

well since my headlights are completely messed up, there were gaps in the housing from the previous owner, i have to buy a new set of headlights anyway. i was able to find a user on galants.org who is selling a set already cleared so i wont have to worry about doing it now.