The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Got some 6000k HIDs installed - *includes how to disable DRL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31

Got some 6000k HIDs installed - *includes how to disable DRL

Hi guys,

Haven't posted here in awhile, but I recently acquired a set of 6000k HID kit for my low beams. It's a cheaper Chinese kit, but I think it's well worth the money. At least 3-4 times the light output of my previous Eurolight 65w bulbs.

I'm quite happy with it as it only took me 10 mins to install.. totally plug and play. However I did have to disable my DRLs, which also took only 5 mins.

There is an EASIER way to disable the DRLs without ANY relays or soldering/cutting of wires. All it is just bending one pin on the ECU.

Courtesy of Applefish from Mitsubishi-forums:
    Quote: "Ok. Here's a pic of the pin you need to bend (or remove) to disable Daytime Running Lights on Galants (and Eclipses). This module (known as the Front ECU Module) is under the hood, inside the fuse box, on the driver side. If you're not sure, look in the manual. Remove the Front ECU, and open it carefully using a flat screwdriver. You can "pop" the white snaps on the black metal part (it's a chip cooler) to completely access the pins, and remove the bottom cover (black plastic). Bend the second last (or 1st) of the SMALL pin connector. Re-assemble, and voila!

P.S. Please be careful. And do not sue me if something happens. You're a grown up, assume the consequences. :P "

ECU Diagram:

http://www.mitsubishi-forums.com/t16...ing-lights.htm

Check page 2 of my Cardomain site (click WWW link below) to see results.

'04 Galant GTS - 6000k HIDs (low beam), hyperwhite lights all around, tints, Kenwood amp and 12" PG Xmax. Engine: Stock for now.

Cant see the pics! :?

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Cant see the pics! :?
    Which pix? The ECU diagram or the ones on my cardomain site?

Edited my post above to directly show the ECU diagram. Hope this helps.

'04 Galant GTS - 6000k HIDs (low beam), hyperwhite lights all around, tints, Kenwood amp and 12" PG Xmax. Engine: Stock for now.

Dont worry, first I tryed this: Click Here to view the modified ECU and didnt work, then I used the next link.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    so small.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    nice bro looks good

Quote Originally Posted by 9G
    so small.
    I know, but just save the picture to your comp and enlarge it, you will clearly see which pin to bend. I used needle nose pliers and it took only a few secs to bend. I left the pin there, so that I can always bend it back in case I want to revert back to stock lighting. Not like I ever would after these!

Quote Originally Posted by fatal1
    nice bro looks good
    Thx man!

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    The lights look great! Car looks clean too. 8)

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX
    The lights look great! Car looks clean too. 8)
    Thx girl, your G looks good too.. the dubs are blingin! 8)

interesting... i wish u took some pictures too...
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    interesting... i wish u took some pictures too...
    I can take a pic of the ECU myself if you guys want, maybe post it up later this week.

Honestly it took me 20 mins total to hook up wires, bulbs, ballasts (zip tied them) and bend the pin on the ECU.

I didn't even have to take off the headlight assemblies to get at the damn lowbeams even though they are a PITA to get at, forget about the high beams.. i'd definitely have to take off the assembly for those.

GREAT :P take pics of each step maybe...

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Thx girl, your G looks good too.. the dubs are blingin!

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by krazienluv10
    GREAT :P take pics of each step maybe...
    Well, I'm not going to do that since that would mean I would have to take out my ballasts/bulbs and redo the whole thing again.

If you follow the above instructions in my post it's pretty simple. Honestly, my 10 yr old cousin could do it... it's that easy.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    Just remove the ecu thing and show it to us. no need to remove the ballast/bulbs for that.

yea.. just got confused when the guy stated "second last (or 1st) of the small pins?...

edit better pic i found...i think he broke the pin... i dunno

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    nice G dude.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Post, yeah that's a good shot. Here's my shot of the ECU. I did NOT break the pin as if I chose to return the car back to stock w/DRLs I can by bending it back with needlenose pliers.

Here's where the ECU is exactly (if anyone doesn't know) and where i've ziptied my driver's side ballast to. (She's very firm there and moves very little if at all.)

Here's what I did to my pin #2. Just took a needlenose plier and bent it downwards so that the ECU can still fit back into the socket.

Here's my passenger side ballast, she's also pretty firm there.

Hope these help!

PS. Dont' mind my dirty a$$ engine bay, winter sucks!

those are great pics... thanks 04_gts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast