The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fitting 19's on Eibach

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Fitting 19's on Eibach

After installing the Eibach Pro-kit, will I be able to fit 19's on my car WITHOUT rolling the rear fenders? Has anyone on here done it? Thanks.

The Eibach Pro kit only lowers the rear an inch and the front 1.5. You will have no issues what so-ever at this height. I had the Eibachs as my first set of springs. Was still too high for my taste and I have coilovers now. I only had to roll the driver rear after the coils too. I also have 19s by the way.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you can fit a large wheel in there but just make sure of the offset, that is where it is potential to run into problems

Quote Originally Posted by SinSere
    The Eibach Pro kit only lowers the rear an inch and the front 1.5. You will have no issues what so-ever at this height. I had the Eibachs as my first set of springs. Was still too high for my taste and I have coilovers now. I only had to roll the driver rear after the coils too. I also have 19s by the way.
    Sounds good. :D

Re: Fitting 19's on Eibach

Quote Originally Posted by Alexey
    After installing the Eibach Pro-kit, will I be able to fit 19's on my car WITHOUT rolling the rear fenders? Has anyone on here done it? Thanks.
    will all depend on wheel width, tire width AND offset

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax
    The wheels are 19x8 with 235/35/19 tires and +42 offest. Will they fit?

I was assuming you were staying within factory specs when I said you would have no problems. I'm not a wheel expert so someone should be able to tell you. Hope you didn't buy them before checking.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

they should fit. are you camber correcting after lowering? u will probably have to roll your rear fenders if you camber correct (i highly suggest u camber correct); if you are not correcting camber then you should be fine lowered as much as 2.75" (but your rear tires will get eaten up on the inside of the the tread).

they should fit. are you camber correcting after lowering? u will probably have to roll your rear fenders if you camber correct (i highly suggest u camber correct); if you are not correcting camber then you should be fine lowered as much as 2.75" (but your rear tires will get eaten up on the inside of the the tread).
    Well, I'm about to switch from Progress to Eibach and I am getting the all four wheel camber within factory spec. So, will they fit (without rolling fenders in the back)?

Well, I'm about to switch from Progress to Eibach and I am getting the all four wheel camber within factory spec. So, will they fit (without rolling fenders in the back)?
    camber correcting will give you less clearance to the rear fender... you will probably have to roll 'em; the upside is you will at least have your rear tires longer than 8 months w/ correct camber. the only way to know if you need rear camber correcting is by dropping the car on the springs you want then bring it in for alignment. don;t b scared to roll the rear fenders, it give you way better clearance and affords you better flushness in the rear.

camber correcting will give you less clearance to the rear fender... you will probably have to roll 'em; the upside is you will at least have your rear tires longer than 8 months w/ correct camber. the only way to know if you need rear camber correcting is by dropping the car on the springs you want then bring it in for alignment. don;t b scared to roll the rear fenders, it give you way better clearance and affords you better flushness in the rear.
    Well, seems that this came down to a conversation b/w me and you, Reelax
    OK, I'm definitely correcting my camber. So, do you know anyone that had the setup similar to mine? That is without rolling rear fenders? Setup is: 19x8 with 235/35/19 tires and +42 offset, Eibach Pro-kit, and camber set within spec. Thanks man.
    P.S. message me on AOL or Yahoo if you can.

Back when I was dropped on Progress springs, I had my camber corrected to 0 and was rubbing a little with my 18"x7.5" rims with 225/40 tires. What I did was remove washers from the camber kit until it didn't rub anymore, but I still had enough washers in there for the camber to be within spec even though it wasn't at 0 anymore. That might work for you as well, but somehow I doubt you will even need any camber correction in the rear with the Eibach Pro-kit. I can say 99% that you will not need correction up front. So, I wouldn't buy any camber kits until you know for sure. Or just buy a rear camber kit. You might end up with like -1 degree camber in the rear, but that is still within spec according to my Galant shop manuals. I believe that is about where my rear camber is after removing some washers and I have not had any unusual wear on my tires.

With all of that being said, my guess is that you will rub a little in the rear, but only when going over big bumps or riding with people in the back seat.

You shouldn't rub at all. I had 19s on teins w/ 225/35/19 and i didnt rub ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak8g
    You shouldn't rub at all. I had 19s on teins w/ 225/35/19 and i didnt rub ever.
    What was the width and offset of the rims though?

yea now that I think about it. i had 19x7.5 w/ a 42mm offset

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak8g
    yea now that I think about it. i had 19x7.5 w/ a 42mm offset
    And since I wanna go with 19x8 with 42 offset, I shouldn't rub either, right?

why so afraid of rolling?

i doubt you will rub. But rolling your fenders is the best bet. Its not hard to do and save you the worry of rubbing and tearing up your expensive tires.

From what I heard, if things go wrong, don't wanna replace the rear panels.

From what I heard, if things go wrong, don't wanna replace the rear panels.
    well if you roll i guarantee you don't rub... if you don't roll you may still be OK, but no guarantee. just realize that at least 75% of 8G's on 19 x 8(+) have rolled (or cut out) rear fenders. if you're really worried about it get 19x7.5 +45 225/35zr19 and you won't have to think about rolling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast