The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Borbet 16" rims...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

Borbet 16" rims...

Looking to get opinions/comments on these wheels.

I've never heard of the company, but I like the look of them.

Will be putting on my '03 blue galant.
    2003 ES 2.4L - 150k - Stock
    tranny flush, timing belt, tensioner replacement at 80k

why only 16s? 17" eclipse rims look better then that and you can find a decent set for a good price.

you have a picture of the actual wheel? there is some detail in the wheel that is lost with that picture.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

They kinda remind me of the new Sonata/Azena wheels.

Looks Plain to me...

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    plain is better than rice..

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    im a fan of bigger wheels at least go with a 17, 18s will look real good

This is a link with the wheel info and close-up shots...

Borbet Type CA Silver Painted

Hmm.. I'm a bit worried now that I see it says "Finish Warranty" makes me think eventually it will chip. Looking for something that is brushed maybe so that I don't have to worry about chipping. Not a big fan of a polished finish though, prefer a duller look. Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak8g
    why only 16s?
    x2!

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    why only 16s?
    x2!
    i don't want it to get too far away from a stock look. 16 is the max i'm willing to go to maintain that look.

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by outspoken
    why only 16s?
    x2!
    i don't want it to get too far away from a stock look. 16 is the max i'm willing to go to maintain that look.
    well let's see you have an 03? many companies are now producing models with bigger wheels right off the production line (look at your typical family sedan in the 90's- 15's were pry average). if you want your car to look stock in 2003, I guess 16's are good, if you want your car to look stock for 07, get some 17's (in the end I think you'll enjoy the handling benefits and looks of the larger wheel)

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699
    why only 16s?
    x2!
    well let's see you have an 03? many companies are now producing models with bigger wheels right off the production line (look at your typical family sedan in the 90's- 15's were pry average). if you want your car to look stock in 2003, I guess 16's are good, if you want your car to look stock for 07, get some 17's (in the end I think you'll enjoy the handling benefits and looks of the larger wheel)
    yea i never thought of it that way, they are starting to roll out w/17" commonly now. ok, now i like these:

Rial Como Bright Sil Paint

Experienced TGC Member
    17 are the way to go

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar

yea i never thought of it that way, they are starting to roll out w/17" commonly now. ok, now i like these:

Rial Como Bright Sil Paint
    yeah there ya go....glad I could give you some insight- those look like an upgraded GTZ wheel, good choice

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    right now i've got me 16s.. but the safest would be 17s.. not too small not too big.. i'd love to get my hands on 17s right now.. it's like planning on looking great and being fast go 17s. pure show 18s above.. just my .02

I don't think there is anything wrong with 16s, they don't look as good sometimes but also weigh less too. I personaly would go 17's because they are just the right in between size. I love Borbet wheels. for their clean and simple designs. and they are known and good wheels. they arent exactly a "small" brand. but I happen to hate that design. becuase it looks like a stock wheel for a Kia or something. I personaly like the typeB wheel they make. its vary simple bit has a slight lip to it and some curves, and looks great on some cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetotoro
    I don't think there is anything wrong with 16s, they don't look as good sometimes but also weigh less too. I personaly would go 17's because they are just the right in between size. I love Borbet wheels. for their clean and simple designs. and they are known and good wheels. they arent exactly a "small" brand. but I happen to hate that design. becuase it looks like a stock wheel for a Kia or something. I personaly like the typeB wheel they make. its vary simple bit has a slight lip to it and some curves, and looks great on some cars.
    ah thanks, i like that wheel and Borbet. i'd forgotten about them. ;)

hey, nice nick - i'm a huge miyazaki fan from way back. the backseat of my galant has totoro seatbelt covers for the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbluetotoro
    ah thanks, i like that wheel and Borbet. i'd forgotten about them. ;)

hey, nice nick - i'm a huge miyazaki fan from way back. the backseat of my galant has totoro seatbelt covers for the kids.
    haha awesome! i think your the first person to bring it up/ realize that its not "torotoro" hehe. thats cool. I've been a huge miyazaki fan for a long time. i just love everything that he comes out with.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    The trend around here is 15/16s are more popular then big wheels. At least in the tuner scene. All the Honda Nissan Toyota guys run on 15/16s and I think it looks better then oversized wheels. I prefer 16s or 17s, anything bigger is just too big.
    7g for life!

I like 17's personally, I think a little sidewall is good too. I gatta admit 16's look good on Integras and Civics.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast