The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    a local hardware store would have it home depot sears etc

you are right but itis a bit more tricky then that i find it best to put the solder right to the wire usually and mlt it right on, and i try to get the whole surrounding of the wire if possible not just the 1 side

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    you'll need an iron, some solder, electrical tape to cover the connection. although, i prefer using some heat shrink and some heat shrink tubing.

but be careful with the iron, your bumper is plastic and the iron will melt it.
    so basically, you melt the solder over the wires with the iron. right? where will I find solder?
    you should find solder next to where u find the soldering irons. i usually get mine at radio shack.

but for soldering, what you want to do is heat up the wires with the iron and then rub the solder onto the wires til the solder starts to flow through the wire.

if you just melt the solder with the iron onto the wire you might get a bad solder connection.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    this is hte "heavy duty" harness that htey sell at autozone or whoever

its a universal part but IMO a good heavy duty harness has a relay on it and some nice thick wiring to go along with it
    i have that harness on da G since the stock 1 melted, no relay but the wires are alot thicker than da stock harness, and i used electric tape, installment was easy and quick

I just replaced my harness w/ a hi-temp harness! - - Got my low beam to start working, but now my high beam doesn't work. The one I replaced is still dimmer than the other fine working headlight!! Dont know whats up.

My fuses are ok, none blown!

Thats the reason I replaced the harness in the first place, because the headlight was very dim and then it stopped working. I switched the headlight bulbs around so its not the headlights! what do you guys think? -

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier22
    I just replaced my harness w/ a hi-temp harness! - - Got my low beam to start working, but now my high beam doesn't work. The one I replaced is still dimmer than the other fine working headlight!! Dont know whats up.

My fuses are ok, none blown!

Thats the reason I replaced the harness in the first place, because the headlight was very dim and then it stopped working. I switched the headlight bulbs around so its not the headlights! what do you guys think? -
    Headlight Relay or bad wiring...nothing else in the circuit so it's gotta be one of those two.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

This thread needs bumping cause my driver side headlight socket is melted to bejeesus and back. I'm getting the heavy duty sockets tomorrow so I'll update.

I'm also missing the passenger side retaining clip (it's a bent wire) that holds the bulb itself in the headlight. it goes in under the rubber retaining ring. anyone know where I can get a part like that? the headlight won't focus properly without it because the bulb isn't seated properly and moves around a bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12