The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is My Trany Goin Already?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26
    yea crazi... i'm glad though....

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    it doesn't matter which you take off. positive or negative. but most choose the negative since the negative grounds the whole chassis.
    I think the reason for taking off the negative (and actually every manual specifically says to take it off first) is safety. Should your wrench slip while unscrewing positive and hit the ground you'd have a nice mini lightning in your engine compartment ...

Quote Originally Posted by iouri
    it doesn't matter which you take off. positive or negative. but most choose the negative since the negative grounds the whole chassis.
    I think the reason for taking off the negative (and actually every manual specifically says to take it off first) is safety. Should your wrench slip while unscrewing positive and hit the ground you'd have a nice mini lightning in your engine compartment ...
    if you're using a wrench to loosen the clamp on the positive terminal of the battery, and you slip, it doesn't matter if you negative battery clamp is connected or not because the wrench will hit the negative terminal of the battery. not only will you have a nice spark, there will be a nice mark on your wrench and a small chunk of the negative battery terminal missing.

i should know. its happened to me before.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

not only will you have a nice spark, there will be a nice mark on your wrench and a small chunk of the negative battery terminal missing.

i should know. its happened to me before.
    so letting go and jumping back as opposed to trying to grab it before it lands is probably a good reaction in this scenario.
    2003 ES 2.4L - 150k - Stock
    tranny flush, timing belt, tensioner replacement at 80k

the wrench is already in your hand. so by the time you realized that the wrench slipped, its probably already too late.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

YOu need to change the tranny oil if automatic at 24k without fail.

Use Amsoil, and do religiously, it will save you spending £1k on a new tranny in few years

Do a FLUSH aswell, not just a drain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12