The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: anyone with a 94 or 95 galant

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

anyone with a 94 or 95 galant

have you ever taken your G any where else besides the dealership to get codes read from the CEL? cause for the past week now my CEL will come on and stay one for about a day or 2 and then go off, now normaly something like this wouldnt really bother me, but the fact that it started when i have been going to my gf's place has me a little worried, so if anyone knows of any other place that can do it besides the dealership please let me know.
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Not for a 95. AutoZone and Advance cant do it. Might try a local Mom & Pop repair shop, may have a Mitsu scanner tool.
    7g for life!

Proto
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Not for a 95. AutoZone and Advance cant do it. Might try a local Mom & Pop repair shop, may have a Mitsu scanner tool.
    Autozone read the one off of my GS for me..

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Every AutoZone I have ever been to only will scan OBDII cars as thats all the scanners they have.
    7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member njjfudge's Avatar
    My 95 did that for a while, ended up being my rear O2 sencer. AutoZone can scan the cods and clear them.

2001 w/Old Style VR-4 front conversion

been to autozone and they cant scan it, when they try the scanner sends back a error and i went to advanced auto today and they couldnt read it either so i dont know
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

Quote Originally Posted by zippyflu
    really?
    yes really
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    hmm, i would check out some obd - obd II converters if you are constanly having to scan your car

i found this http://www.aldlcable.com/sc/details.asp?item=aldlobd2 this looks like it would work, if i can save up the money to get it i probably will, though i would have to get a usb adapter for it since my laptop dont have a serial connection or i would have to bring one of my old computers outside and connect it to the port in the car :?
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i had been dealing with this for a few years until recently; you need to call local shops and ask if anyone has the snap-on scanner for OBD1. i found a shop in my area with one and it works like magic......
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd