The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TAILIGHT TINTING

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 53 of 53
    Rob Yung
    how much u pay for the spray?

i went to a model store that deals with small model cars and stuff like that, got a small can of "smoke" the top of it looks like a window tint color black but you can see threw it, the more coats you appeal the darker it gets. payed $6 a can. i just did my VRG foglight trim.
    Last edited by silver01g; 04-30-2008 at 03:35 PM

TeamDreamSpeed / PizzaBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I can't believe a meet never happening all because I or James is not gonna be present. What kind of crap is that? Since when was G-spot and Silver01G heart and soul of TGCTX?

good job man looks good
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeiaire View Post
    i know a guy that saw a guy that knew a guy that once passed by a car that had been painted. Ill ask him tomorrow after consulting my magic ball to determine WHERE YOU LIVE in proximity to a paint shop NEAR WHERE YOU LIVE..................

no deff do not use regular window tint..that shit never handles right an just doesnt look good..better off getting it done at shop with the thick mil tint or the spray as said above for lik 8 bucks a can on ebay..

looks good what kinda of paint did you use and what was the process because i wanna tint mine

TGC Regular
    hehe i wrote this a long time ago, before i was able to get pictures, i put it in the tutortorials, its been almost 2 years, and by my method, my lights still look wonderful !!! i will take some pics when i get my car back from the shop, and my car is always outside also, and always raining here :(

But here is a link to the method i wrote up hehe

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=26418

Hope this will help all of you in the end, And to not get orange peel, u wanna use very thin coats. ;) follow my walkthrough step by step, and in my oponion, they look the best, when your parking lights are off, they are a dark red. or at night. Black. but when u use your breaks, u cant even tell that they are tinted ! :)

TGC Regular
    And VHT Nightshade is the best product to use, But you gotta be very very carefull when painting with this stuff, And i tried to do my headlights, Was virtually impossible, But was cold out, Make sure it is 75-80 degrees outside when u are painting, Or the paint will run or crackle. Also, Make sure to clean the product, and not to get any skin oils on it right before painting, or you will get fish eye effect. And rember, the object is not to spray it on so thick u can see it, just mist it till it looks slightly glossy, let it set up a few minutes, then re mist it. best results is actually, BARELY spraying it, 10-15 coats. Over time the darkness does fade a little bit, But the shininess does not. my tails still look very very factory ;) But. Yea. some places have very strict road rules ;( At least they dont look stock at all when my lights are off ;))

TGC Regular
    This one was taken over the winter ( while i was rebuilding the motor ) before i wrecked it, and screwed thoes wheels :( grrrr... But it was raining and crappy, an sittin for a month in this picture and does not serve these tails justice, this was with a year and a half a wear on them, But they look much shiner clean :)

My Galant center sticker was fallin off, lol, ride started falling apart ;P was time for a fresh motor and a rebuild ;)

fernando.caballero
    do you think it will work with the regular red tail light?

the pic above your post is a regular red tail light on the 99-01 model

yea It works fine on those tails. I used VHT night shades too. Wasn't too hard just have to be super careful. I followed Eclipse 97526's thread on it.

looks really good...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123