The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: noise reduction.

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
    TGC Regular

noise reduction.

well after installing the cat-back, it makes a decent amoutn of noise for the inside. I don't mind it, but the fact that annoys me is every plastic piece that is not sitting tight or w/e starts to drizzle. what can i do to get tid of that, if anything...

drizzle???? :?: .. u mean make a buzzing noise?

FOUNDER OF THE EVO WING ON A G GROUP member #1

you need to approach each piece one by one. some pieces you might just have to tighten down, other pieces you might have to put some sound deadening material so it doesn't move.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Turn up the bass so everything else raddles as well

TGC Regular
    yes, like a buzzing noise, at certain rpm's.. i guess when it's peak high sound or w/e i dunno. usually around 3.5-5.
    and how can i tighter the plastic pieces down??? and what sound dead material...

some pieces have screws that hold them down. take a screwdriver, most likely a Phillips head screwdriver and turn the screw clockwise.

other pieces are just friction fitted with some sort of clip. those you can't tighten. you could use sound deadening material, such as dynamat to keep the piece from rattling.

many times where two plastic pieces meet, and u can't see the joint, you'll notice that there's a piece of felt there. those pieces of felt are there for a purpose. that purpose is to keep help prevent noise when the two pieces rub.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

use eDead, its better than Dynamat and cheapter!!!!

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/pro...products_id=51
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request

$1 per square foot.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

TGC Regular
    and how many sq ft will i need? to cover say whole floor and inner firewalls.

you dont need sound deadening material.. you can use little peices of felt underneath the plastic if there is already try to add more

TGC Regular
    i dont think that will help, the buzzing is like something inside past my glovebox lol, will look into it, but the sound deadening shoudl lower road noise too, no?

the sound deadoning willonly help road noise if you rip the interior and the carpet out and do the whole floor

Well I got 65 sq feet and I had leftover!!! I did everything in the trunk, all 4 doors, and went over many of the parts in the trunk twice!
    If you join there forum I still think they have a discount that will save you money too

Side of trunk

TGC Regular
    did it help to recude the road noise?

if I would have put it on the floor oh ya it would!!!! I can tell a difference in the doors and its well worth it!!

how much weight does it add though? Anyone have know dynamat lbs/sq ft. I wouldn't think it would be that much but it could be.
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

I did the whole interior of my truck with dynamat extreme, it helps but, then again its a toyota truck. my suggestion, dynamat the floor...thats where your exhaust is resonating through. you have to make sure it on there well because if there is pockets, the sound will go through it. id say about 20-30lbs was added. nothing major...i used to drag my truck with a gutted interior...my timeslips didnt change.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein