The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will these 18's fit?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    you bring them to a tire shop and they do all the work for you, if you know the guy tell him you will giv ethe tires back if they want, that is not expensive for wheels

I think its a great deal! You may not be able to use the tires but you can always sell them and put that money into the tires that you need. 8)

TGC Regular
    eh i dont want to deal with it, he will be putting them on ebay. So we'll see.

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    i know how you feel. great deals don't always go our way.. but ask him if he's willing to swap his vr for your 64.. heheheheh

I honestly dont understand why he will rub... what is the difference in mm between a 225 tire and a 245 tire...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by pLUGSNEt
    I honestly dont understand why he will rub... what is the difference in mm between a 225 tire and a 245 tire...
    20mm = 8/10"... basically an inch. on deep suspension travel, it may or may not rub... too close to call over the internet, that's why no guarantees.

yeah i understand that 20mm difference in the width of the tire.. but doesnt 10mm go to the outside and 10mm go to the inside... so its only about half and inch added to the inner and half to the outer with rolled fenders they should clear... I say just try them... if you only getting them for 400 bucks.. it should be worth the try... even if it doesnt sale the tires.. and get some smaller ones...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Because they are about 1" wider. With a high offset +40-45mm wheel they will most certainly will rub. Heck on lowered Galants 225s will commonly rub if your offset is too high or low.

Because they are about 1" wider. With a high offset +40-45mm wheel they will most certainly will rub. Heck on lowered Galants 225s will commonly rub if your offset is too high or low.
    yeah i understand that 20mm difference in the width of the tire.. but doesnt 10mm go to the outside and 10mm go to the inside... so its only about half and inch added to the inner and half to the outer with rolled fenders they should clear... I say just try them... if you only getting them for 400 bucks.. it should be worth the try... even if it doesnt sale the tires.. and get some smaller ones...
    Heck I'd probably do exactly that. Buy the rims sell the tires.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12