The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ksport vs Tein

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Ksport vs Tein

Anyone ever try the Ksport Kontrol Pro dampening system? They are around the same price as Tein Basics. Dont know which one to get...please give me your 2 cents please.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    KSports will offer more adjustibility then the Teins.
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Ksports are a little bit cheaper than comparable TEINs and are basically the same. There is a little bit more adjustability with Ksports but the over all consensus on the Ksports is that they run a much stiffer spring rate. Though body roll is very minimal, ride quality is spine breaking. You can specify a spring rate to Ksport when you order the coilover set.

I only know of 3 people that are running Ksports and they are happy with them because of price and quality of the product..but the only complaint is the very stiff spring rate.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Looks like i might just stick with the Tein basics then. At least I know they ride closer to stock. Thanks on the info about the Ksports.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

Have you checked out the Megan Racing Coilovers? They are pretty damn good. I'm riding on them now and I don't have 1 single complaint. Club3g is having a GB for about $900 shipped I believe. You should look into it.

I go with the KSPORT ( more adjustability) .. i have them on my accord, ride's stiff but if you dont want the stiffness then just stick with Eibach Springs or OEM.

Why would anyone go with the K-Sport coilovers? Have you guys read the threads on Club3G? They are garbage. They don't compare to Tein and JIC. They have crappy bolted on brackets for the front sway bar links and no brackets at all for the brake lines. Maybe for other applications they are decent, but not for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    Why would anyone go with the K-Sport coilovers? Have you guys read the threads on Club3G? They are garbage. They don't compare to Tein and JIC. They have crappy bolted on brackets for the front sway bar links and no brackets at all for the brake lines. Maybe for other applications they are decent, but not for the 3G Eclipse/8G Galant.
    i know they are not the best out there, but i have them on 1 of my car ( not the galant) maybe different car is different setup. so far i have no problem with it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    a friend of mine has them on his maxima, no problems, but you are better off with tien's or megan racing i hear the jics are the bestbut a bit of a pain to setup correctly, if you want to go with the jic's read on club 3g there are a few threads about them

I found a set of brand new K-sport coilovers for 450 for a three G, and I'm really thinking about getting them. My friend has them on his 240 sx, and the only problem he has is that it's a really rough ride. Is it worth getting these or should I save up for teins?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I have heard mixed reviews about Ksports...mostly from GVR4 owners. The 2 biggest complaints are the very stiff ride and problems with their pillowball mounts.

I would personally go with D2 coilovers if you don't want to pay the JIC or Tein prices and plus D2 you can get a custom springs loads to your perference and pretty good customer service.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

What is D2's spring rate that is best for the 8g?
    "Mitsubishi Galant(e) for Life"

Tuned 2013 Evolution X GSR PB

-> Follow me on IG @blackblurr_x | 5-Speed | Check out my Build Here

how about megan? are they worth the money all the way? i'm curious

Quote Originally Posted by djflex167 View Post
    how about megan? are they worth the money all the way? i'm curious
    Check out this thread, it's all been discussed, with a poll and everything
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=31942
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

TEIN SS-P are EDFC compatible... EDFC is a in-cockpit dampening controller. to adjust other coilovers you have to access the adjustment knobs under the hood and behind the rear seats... EDFC lets you go from soft to hard dampening (and back to soft w/ presets) from the drivers' seat.
    Last edited by Reelax; 09-18-2008 at 03:27 AM