The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g on 20s debate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45

8g on 20s debate

I just left the rims store and I had a huge debate about putting 20 x 8.5s on a 8g. These clowns are telling me that its no way in hell that they will go on there. So I pulled up TGC and found the tutorial on how to put them on there. The guy still acted like we had to do some west coast customs shit to put 20s on the car. basically he's saying that the front strut will scrub the wheel. It was a girl there with a 8g and told me that they tried 20s on her car and she couldn't turn the wheel. My question is this, what is he doing wrong or is it a difference in a 02-03 that makes the 20s scrub the front strut. I told him that some of you guys are riding 20x 8.5 with a high offset like a +38 - +40 and he was like that still won't work. Help me please. one good thing came up out of this debate.... I ended up getting the chick's phone number :twisted: [/quote]

blue(on the)rims so the G crip walkin

with the proper tire size and the proper offset, you shouldn't run into problems.

if the shop doesn't believe you, then get them to try them on. let them prove you wrong.

if you won't do that. then find another shop

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

that was my next plan just to go to another shop, and buy them, then ride back to that one and be like " I told you so"

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    you can definetly put 20s on your 8G. It has been done already. I had the same problem with my 9G. The shops are telling me there is no chance on putting a 20 on my car. I don't care what they say. I'm in the process of gettin my 20's now.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Yeah I ran into one of those dumbasses tellin me you can put 20s on a G and drop it b/c the had to raise his ride to put them on....LOL!

Back from the dead!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    yep can be done there is a bunch of stuff on it throughout the boards reguarding sizes and whatnot, personally i love the look of 19's on the g if your going for looks

Experienced TGC Member
    cough cough... peep the sig..... Anyway u need to go to another shop... cause they are tellin you the wrong thing

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX
    you can definetly put 20s on your 8G. It has been done already. I had the same problem with my 9G. The shops are telling me there is no chance on putting a 20 on my car. I don't care what they say. I'm in the process of gettin my 20's now.
    Hah...thats crazy because you can fit 22s on 9Gs.

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1
    Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX
    Hah...thats crazy because you can fit 22s on 9Gs.
    yea i know. they don't know what they are talking about.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

OMG chrome.. do you want me to role up with you to the shop and shit on them.... lol remember im in atlanta.. i have 20x8.5s and its lowered... so when do you want to go shit on them fuckas...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Experienced TGC Member milo111000's Avatar
    the ????? is what kinda 20s would look good on the g??? i like pvu's 20s cause they're color matched.. but think carefully cause you don't wanna just snap on any 20 on there..

Quote Originally Posted by pLUGSNEt
    OMG chrome.. do you want me to role up with you to the shop and shit on them.... lol remember im in atlanta.. i have 20x8.5s and its lowered... so when do you want to go shit on them fuckas...
    Jason I was trying to call you while I was in the shop, I showed them your car and everything, they were like "well sir I don't know how he got them on there but we can't do it, I've tried it and they won't fit"
    But I'm in the process of ordering my 20s now, hopefully they will be here by next friday, and then we can go shit on the non-believers

"well sir I don't know how he got them on there but we can't do it, I've tried it and they won't fit"
    = FAIL! :evil:

LOL man you got to leave me a message i never answer my phone LOL... i always wait for people to leave me a message... then ill call you back... i got too many hoes trying to catch me up so to be safe i just dont answer :-) anyways yeah get at me homie we can do the damn thang

Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    cough cough... peep the sig..... Anyway u need to go to another shop... cause they are tellin you the wrong thing
    x2

I did have lil problems but nothing major Iam running a 7.5 +40 offset now i did have to put 1/4 spacers in the front because the tire was rubbing the strut tower other then that no problems

so raw is the only one that had the slight problem??

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chromeblueES
    so raw is the only one that had the slight problem??
    Yea.... I never had to put spacers on mine

TGC Regular
    when i had 35 series tires i needed spacers up front. But when i put the 30 series tires on i didnt need em.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Eric do you have 7.5 or 8.5???

Problems are most likely the offsets... the lower the offset the further the wheel moves from the suspension...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast