The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g on 20s debate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 45
    ok so whats the highest offset that will fit, I got the girl ordering a +40 offset

blue(on the)rims so the G crip walkin

I just thought about something. If you want to drop with 20" rims on and you are afraid of rubbing on the front suspension, just get some Tein dampers. The Tein dampers, or a similar suspension, will give you alot more clearance because the spring seat/perch is nowhere near as big as the one found on the stock or aftermarket front struts.

Here is a pic of my front Tein SS-P dampers

Notice the silver part that the spring sits on? Compare that to stock and aftermarket struts.

Reelax has 19"x8.5" rims with +48mm offset. Keep in mind that the stock offset is +46mm with 6" wide rims. I finally just realized how Reelax fit those rims without rubbing the front suspension... it's because he has the Tein SS-P dampers like I do. He did have to cut out some of the fender liner though.

so you dont have a leaf spring on the front... yeah that would be no problem with the tiens... but the kyb agx's are fine as well the leaf spring is alot smaller and higher...
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by chromeblueES
    Eric do you have 7.5 or 8.5???
    I had 7.5 with +40 offset. People have gone as big as 8.5 with minimal problems though.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

well thats the wheel thats being ordered for the G. It scheduled to be here on saturday. As of right now I'm being told that they are ordering a wheel with a HPO- high positive offset. So since its a small chance that I will need a spacer, how hard are they to find? should my local pep boys have one I don't remember selling them at Auto Zone. How safe are spacers I here horror stories about wheels rolling away from the car when people use spacers.

I wouldn't use spacers unless they are hub centric or else you will most likely get vibrations. The problem is that spacers don't come hub centric until you get to a certain thickness, probably more than you will need.

just make sure to get hub centric rings as well....

Quote Originally Posted by chromeblueES

well thats the wheel thats being ordered for the G. It scheduled to be here on saturday. As of right now I'm being told that they are ordering a wheel with a HPO- high positive offset. So since its a small chance that I will need a spacer, how hard are they to find? should my local pep boys have one I don't remember selling them at Auto Zone. How safe are spacers I here horror stories about wheels rolling away from the car when people use spacers.
    I have hub centric rings and a 1/4 in spacer. The spacer I ordered through NTB. No vibrations nothing, just enough to pull it away from the strut tower.

Experienced TGC Member
    One thing I can tell you.... If u have spacers on your car.... Discount Tire will not touch it

Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    One thing I can tell you.... If u have spacers on your car.... Discount Tire will not touch it
    I don't understand why all they are is thin piece of metal that slide over the hub. Nothing more then a larger hubcentric ring

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raw0055
    Quote Originally Posted by pvu_rida
    I don't understand why all they are is thin piece of metal that slide over the hub. Nothing more then a larger hubcentric ring
    Cause they would be held liable if ur wheel comes off while ur driving..... Spacers dont slide over the hub..... They just sit on ur lugs

ok screw the spacers..... they should fit with out them... they are 20 x 8 not 8.5... so all I need now is a painter to paint the accents. After I get them painted I will post them on here.... Oh yeah I'm going to need a new sig. Especially since the rims on the present sig are riding around on a 80 something Z these days.

Post Up...

Well, post up when done...
    :D

Kid

Saving People, Property, And The Environment From Such Dangers As Fire, Hazardous Materials, And The Grim Reaperâ„¢...

ok the rims are on the car. but there is a problem the right front tire is scrubbing the strut tower some kind of way. only the right front. I have spring boosters on the back springs of the car. I'm wondering if I get those taken off will it some kind of way level out the car enough to give it enough room in the front for the tires. What do you guys think???

Here's a sneak peek

get a check on your alignment homie.why do u have boosters?? i doubt it will effect the front that much.
    PIMPIN AINT EASY

had boosters because I didn't know any better and let the idiots at rimco hook me up with some 18s with a +15 offset. the tires came out pass the fenders so I put in boosters to keep the car from slamming down on the tires. Rubbing is fixed well not fixed it just rubbed like a millimeter off of the tire in that spot so now it doesn't rub any more :?

Yeah rimco is a sorry ass shop....

Experienced TGC Member
    mine used to rub in the front when I got new tires.... ur just gonna have to wear the tire out some

Pics of my car on 20"s a few years back. Using Mondera Blackhawks, 20x8.5 with Nitto NT555 tires, 225/35ZR20 90W with no drop or anything at that point. Ever so slight rolling of the fenders (poorly done at that). Mondera is out of business but you can still find the chrome Blackhawks for about $1200 a set. The tires are still being made. Didn't need any sort of spacers or anything. He just rolled the fenders a little and stuck them on.

Any further questions should go to Nick Mensale in Boca Raton, FL. He's the guy who actually installed them. Here's his myspace... http://www.myspace.com/mensale

Better pictures

Mustang and the G with the same rims

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast