The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A tire for cars with heavy negative camber.

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

A tire for cars with heavy negative camber.

The Neo Gen&#174 is an all-season ultra high-performance radial specifically engineered for lowered vehicles. Because the inner shoulder is one continuous block, the tread maintains stability on lowered vehicles with higher degrees of negative camber. This stability reduces tread flex and allows the tire to wear evenly. The result is a tire that prolongs performance on lowered vehicles.
    Has anyone tried using the Nitto Neogens? Nitto claims that it is the best tire application for lowered vehicles because it is made so that even if the car has a heavy neg. camber, the tire will wear evenly.

My set-up are Tein SS-P's and in the spring, summer, and fall they are slammed. I don't want to start killing tires and my wallet so if anyone has any experience with this tire feedback will be appreciated.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Havent used them but I've heared that they work pretty well. Its actually a progressive tread compound across the surface. I dont like all seasons, that and I have so damn many sets of tires they dont wear out fast enough to warrent making them last longer. And Alas, I dont have any camber yet, so no need on my part. But yeah, from what I've heard they work pretty well.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Experienced TGC Member
    I had em...... In 20''s..... got my money worth

Proto
    Compound is thicker on the inside. Friend has them, hug the road great.

I didnt know that the people with 15"s need camber kit!

I got them on my whip right now... they grip great... and wear very slow/evenly.....
    2000 Galant With 20 Inch TeZZen Wheels
    Rapped in Nitto 555 Z Rate 225/35/20 Tires!!

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/350820/

Yeah I have other stuff too but who cares LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Is that towards me? Well, I'm shopping for wheels thats why I was asking. And yes, even though I have 15's when my coilovers are all the way down, they get a pretty heavy camber.

I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover
    Quote Originally Posted by rez887
    Is that towards me? Well, I'm shopping for wheels thats why I was asking. And yes, even though I have 15's when my coilovers are all the way down, they get a pretty heavy camber.
    I was just looking for some info :smt006

wow. I never kn ew these existed. I always would think that it would be a good idea to make a negitive camber tire. this is great. because I love the -camber look.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Why not fix the camber?
    7g for life!

The tires fairly new to the market, so the markup is pretty high. I work at a shop that sells tires and I got a price for around $400-$450 at shop cost. So I believe there between $500-$600 a piece. If you want to save money, I would definetly fix my camber. Camber kits go for $60-$80 depending on which company you go with. I got an Ingalls -1+3 camber kit and you can adjust it to what ever kind of driving you plan on doing. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoy724
    The tires fairly new to the market, so the markup is pretty high. I work at a shop that sells tires and I got a price for around $400-$450 at shop cost. So I believe there between $500-$600 a piece. If you want to save money, I would definetly fix my camber. Camber kits go for $60-$80 depending on which company you go with. I got an Ingalls -1+3 camber kit and you can adjust it to what ever kind of driving you plan on doing. I hope this helps.
    $500-$600 each? are you shittin me? The Ingalls kit you have is for the rear right?

No way are they 400 + a tire, I can get 275 R compounds for 220 a piece.

I think its funny that the guys that are lowered are trying to get rid of camber and I'm trying to add it.

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    No way are they 400 + a tire, I can get 275 R compounds for 220 a piece.

I think its funny that the guys that are lowered are trying to get rid of camber and I'm trying to add it.
    yeah I thought so. my uncle used to be able to get NT555's for his GSX for 135.98 a piece. I was a little surprised when I thought it was 300 more than that.

I would think he's thinking of cost of set, which isnt bad for the price he quoted, most of my street tire sets are in that range. R-compounds will go in the 800-1300 range.

FALKEN FK-452's is pretty good also... design for the VIP Style cars.

The quote was actually for a set of 4 at shop cost, I don't know why I said a piece. Normally at retail around $1000 for a set, give or take a few. So i'm sorry about the mix up. The camber kit was for both rears. My camber was out -2.25 in the rear.

discount has the tires listed for 107 a piece 225/40/18 I am currently runnin 555s but once they wear out I am gonna try the neo gens. Heard nothing but good things and they are cheaper than the 555s.

Back from the dead!!!