The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: check out my head.....................

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

check out my head.....................

well I have a 1st gen head and here is my mods list:
    ferra intake and exhaust valves
    hks valve springs
    slow boy valve guides
    revised lifters
    top line rollers
    ferra valve locks
    hks 264 intake and exhaust

how much boost do u think that I can run.... I am thinking around 25psi or maybe more.... let me know what you think
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!

is this what you have? or what you're buying?

cause you could save a STACK of cash if you got brian crower cams and springs. i'm talking you coudl ahve both cams, and springns and retainers for under 500. all brand new, cams are new from billet cores.

to answer how much boost you can run....
    probably 30 psi on race gas with a great tune.
    but it has very little to do witht he composition and stregth of your head.

i coudl run 25 psi on my bone stock 1g head.
    the weakness isn't the head,
    its the head gasket. and your tune.

with arp headstuds and a good solid gasket you shoudl be able to take it to 25 psi all day long if your bottom end is built.assuming you have a boost friendly turbo and a beefy intercooler to keep the temps down.

but with a sheetmetal intake manifold, and somme cams(at least 272') you will be able to make more power into the higher rpms)

and to be honest.... with that big 2.4 of yours, and that large turbo you pllan on buying,
    i'd go with some brian crower 280's
    cause the 264/272 combo won't be the optimal use of your stroker.

2.4 strokers really need a lot of cam at higher rpms because the piston speed becomes so great, that the cylinders literally cannot pull in the air they need.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

what I am thrilled to hear that news....I did not list some head things like hks cam gears....but I wanted to use a cyclone intake manifold.......or maybe I can get a magnus and not get my wheels.....(that would be sexy) but I don't know about my cams I think that my 264 cams would be ok but I don't know... I just know that I need to get some more information on my setup.... I want to go with a hks head gasket..... and my bottom end is going to be good... I am going to bore my block over .20 or .40 over I have not quit desided on it yet but I am going with vernoila custom pistons.... kig bearings and I want to get my crank balanced and blueprinted.....and polished and maybe knife edged(have not decided on it yet) My intercooler, I have not yet got it yet maybe godspeed or something but my waste gate tail and I going to be running 2.5 pip..... what do u think??
    8g tranny is being rebuilt and waiting on ground control coilovers
    7g is just sitting motor and tranny is out(need to finish, just lazy)
    6g (vr4) motor is out getting the good stuff like a gt4088 and some more stupid stuff.
    Nice to be back!!!!