The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New cars an auto.... autohell??

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

New cars an auto.... autohell??

I've just purchased a 97 Galant v6 which is an auto. IT's only after I purchased the car did I hear of many people ruining their autoboxes within 40k.... mines had one replaced already under warranty.

Is there ANY help on caring for these boxes? I can only think that I just dont boot it anywhere or accelerate hard except maybe once a year??

I take it there was no fix, as mitsubishi garages just seem to replace them with the same kit.... nothing uprated I could add? anyway to minimise the cost when the inevitable happens??

do a 5 speed swap 8)
    mitsumitsu aka luke9511

whats the cost... seriously.... is it more than the £1k its gonna cost when the auto fails?

I'm so amazed nothings been done by Mitsu to sort this issue. Rover, when they hear the gaskets blow ont he turbo, bring out uprated gaskets.... why cant i have uprates tranny :(

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    well not sure how much that is but some members have managed to do it for a little over $1000 usd but that is pretty much the basic swap with no upgrades, since your out of the us your car uses a different tranny so it will all depend on that

Man thats terrible. I've gotta do this every 30k!

You are not in the US are you??? 97V6 don't exist here.
    2.4L - AWD - 5SPEED - PTE 6057 at __PSI w/Wavetrac LSD