The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is lowering Your 8g worth it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29

Re: Is lowering Your 8g worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by thealliance43
    You think its worth the hassel lowerin ma gee i've been thinkin about it... but i don't want to be bothered with the all the bumps and everything in the road... is it really worth it?
    Just pop some advil before you drive off :twisted: :twisted:

i don't think u quite understand marketing and segment targeting... scion is going after tuners; they are a branches of toyota, just like lexus (both created for the US market). those brands were created to target certain segments of the (carbuying) market. mitsu has the evo and eclipse in their sports segment. the galant was not meant to compete w/ the eclipse and evo... performance or enthusiast is not the galant's target market. going back to scion, the camry is not part of the scion brand for the same reason the TC does not carry the toyota marque even though they are both made by toyota. further, carmakers try to fill niches w/ their lineup since by trying to make one car play too many roles or conversely not offerring models that fill the intended role, consumers will look elsewhere to make their purchase. this is the EXACT reason the eclipse and evo do not have available a shared drivetrain and why the galant 8G vr-4 was not offered in the US (as the evo sales would be hurt and the 8G vr4 would not make up the difference by way of product dillution (not to mention the gvr4 would require significant retooling as it is more than 75% a different car than the USDM galant). bottom line, mitsu would LOSE money if the galant was made to compete w/ it's sporty offerings. and that is why mitsu was not concerned about the size of the wheel gaps on the galant. the intended market does not see big wheel gaps as a determining factor in their purchase, hence the reason that less than 1% of galants worldwide are lowered.
    Damn where were you when I had to do a paper on scion for my marketing class. I made an A without you though :twisted:

blue(on the)rims so the G crip walkin

Quote Originally Posted by chromeblueES
    i don't think u quite understand marketing and segment targeting... scion is going after tuners; they are a branches of toyota, just like lexus (both created for the US market). those brands were created to target certain segments of the (carbuying) market. mitsu has the evo and eclipse in their sports segment. the galant was not meant to compete w/ the eclipse and evo... performance or enthusiast is not the galant's target market. going back to scion, the camry is not part of the scion brand for the same reason the TC does not carry the toyota marque even though they are both made by toyota. further, carmakers try to fill niches w/ their lineup since by trying to make one car play too many roles or conversely not offerring models that fill the intended role, consumers will look elsewhere to make their purchase. this is the EXACT reason the eclipse and evo do not have available a shared drivetrain and why the galant 8G vr-4 was not offered in the US (as the evo sales would be hurt and the 8G vr4 would not make up the difference by way of product dillution (not to mention the gvr4 would require significant retooling as it is more than 75% a different car than the USDM galant). bottom line, mitsu would LOSE money if the galant was made to compete w/ it's sporty offerings. and that is why mitsu was not concerned about the size of the wheel gaps on the galant. the intended market does not see big wheel gaps as a determining factor in their purchase, hence the reason that less than 1% of galants worldwide are lowered.
    Damn where were you when I had to do a paper on scion for my marketing class. I made an A without you though :twisted:
    yeah, i wrote an ex's 112 page marketing thesis so she could graduate. sorry i wasn't there for u, but i doubt u could do the things she did for me. haha!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if mitsu started to treat the galant as a "tuner" car and release more "tuner" products in the same fashion toyota has for the tC, then i'm GLAD mitsu doesn't. we'd have more riced out galants with intakes and mufflers talking shit at stop lights cause the guy at the dealership said an intake would add 12hp+. i'm getting pretty tired of seeing the same 4 combinations of tCs around in LA.....your car is hardly unique if everyone else has the same handful of mods
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    I think we're off topic a lil bit.... But it's definitely worth it to drop it... My car has bigger wheels and an eibach drop... no need to roll fenders or get a camber kit... my car handles awesome compared to my girls stock 8G... I like the stock suspension cause it's bouncy... but when I want to take curvy roads it's definitly worth it... especially to be able to pass someone on the outside on a turn... :mrgreen: Get some sway bars too....

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    if mitsu started to treat the galant as a "tuner" car and release more "tuner" products in the same fashion toyota has for the tC, then i'm GLAD mitsu doesn't. we'd have more riced out galants with intakes and mufflers talking shit at stop lights cause the guy at the dealership said an intake would add 12hp+. i'm getting pretty tired of seeing the same 4 combinations of tCs around in LA.....your car is hardly unique if everyone else has the same handful of mods
    I agree that its good they didnt make it more of tuner oriented car, but damn I wish it was easier to tune, its rediculous when the answer to "I want to tune my engine" is go standalone.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead
    I agree that its good they didnt make it more of tuner oriented car, but damn I wish it was easier to tune, its rediculous when the answer to "I want to tune my engine" is go standalone.
    ditto.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

yeah, i wrote an ex's 112 page marketing thesis so she could graduate. sorry i wasn't there for u, but i doubt u could do the things she did for me. haha!
    DAMN!!! 112 pages??? and why is she your ex... well nevermind that if she was that good I want find her.

blue(on the)rims so the G crip walkin

Quote Originally Posted by chromeblueES
    DAMN!!! 112 pages??? and why is she your ex... well nevermind that if she was that good I want find her.
    that was 2 girlfirends and almost 10 years ago. if u can find her u can have her, haha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12