The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How many miles are you getting on a full tank of gas?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 121
    Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

I dont understand why you guys let the tank run that low. Did you know its a little bad for it, when the tank is low it allows moistier to build up, which just doesnt burn quite like gasoline. I never let my tank go below a 1/4 unless I'm on a road trip and am going to fill it up before I park it.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

260-300 miles, sometimes its a bit lower like last week spinning my tires on snow and ice I got 240, right now its higher and still going probably get about 320 out of it.....I let my mom drive it and her foot isnt as heavy as mine.

340 to 360 /Tank probably 26-28MPG
    mostly highway
    03 I4

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    unless i have like a girl in the car, and if thats the case, then forget about the 400 lol
    ...like a girl? something resembling something close to what one of us would call a member of the female species? just givin ya shit ;)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

i usually get 260-270 city. on the highway i get 310max to a tank. seems like the v6's have better gas mileage than the big 4 cylinders
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    2003, i4, mobile 1 oil, 4" K&N cone filter, cheveron 89 octane, average of 300-315 miles on a tank. 47k miles

24.5 City, 26.4 Highway. I have a K&N filter in the stock box. It is a little rough at idle with original plugs & wires @ 76k miles so they will be changed soon.

I find that if you use the cruise on the highway it will increase the milage. And I use mid-grade gas.
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

Quote Originally Posted by shadow83
    I find that if you use the cruise on the highway it will increase the milage. And I use mid-grade gas.
    Aren't you only supposed to use premium w/ the V6? :shock:
    330ci

Quote Originally Posted by spicytuna
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow83
    Aren't you only supposed to use premium w/ the V6? :shock:
    its recommended. its been discussed many times before. i always use premium.

10 gallons @ 2.50 for regular = $25.00

10 gallons @ 2.70 for premium = $27.00

instead of buying regular or mid grade gas and getting a king size snickers bar, get premium.

i cant stand it when people say "but premium is so much more expensive than regular" while sipping their 2 dollar can of some shitty energy drink.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    i cant stand it when people say "but premium is so much more expensive than regular" while sipping their 2 dollar can of some shitty energy drink.
    ROFL! So true.

I guess some owners don't mind a lil pre-detonation inside the motor.
    330ci

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Does anybody have their window sticker to a V6 preferably an LS it tells you how much ur gunna spend over a year on gas... But that was with the gas prices back in 99... Just curious to see a window sticker for one...

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    i average about 280 t0 300 regularly. I only count up to the point when the gas light first turns on. That's a confirmed average.

i use my trip A odometer to count the miles i run on a tank and my Trip B odometer to count how many miles i've gone since my last oil change. I only look at the Miles Run Odometer when i'm switching between A and B.

When i first got my car i would use get 100 miles per quarter tanks. maybe a little more. I remember because i drove it to Florida from NY the third week i had it. I think i still get something close to that, i'd say about 90 per quarter tank HWY. then again, i never drive until the car stops because the tank is empty.
    -Pedro

I get about 300 miles per a tank little bit of city and freeway driving,,,,,,But the best i have done was about 400 to 440 from a full tank all freeway driving @ 80 mph with the cruise on. Big tip guys if you have it and your on the freeway use the cruise control you will see a big increase on the mile per a gallon you get when driving the free way.

i only get 250 ..every single fill up. is it cause of my CAI? should i replace it back to stock in hopes of better gas mileage?
    I dont need to post my mods, i know i got the hottest galant in tally, and thats all that matters to me! http://photos.yahoo.com/fsubk

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    IDK... :oops:

Quote Originally Posted by 2k2mitsu
    i only get 250 ..every single fill up. is it cause of my CAI?
    holy hell only 250? Man that sucks! Do you ride it hard? I'm lil under half tank and I'm already at 250. I'm sure I can squeeze another 100 miles before I hit E. Btw, the only mod I have is a drop-in K&N filter.
    330ci

I hit 333 this morning. Took me 14 gal to fill up. So I averaged close to 24mpg. This is mostly hwy driving. 24mpg = pure shitness.
    330ci

well id kill for 24 mpg
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

before when it was just home to school like 3miles, back and then to work 5miles, and back id put like 20miles a day.. all stop and go.. id get like 230 barely.. but now i got like 90% highway im getting like 320, i just did one at 355 with plus gas. .which waas nice
    04 Maxima SL in Bronze with Black leather

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast