The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How many miles are you getting on a full tank of gas?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 121
    i have a 2.4L 4 banger, Its gets 320miles city and a bit of freeway. And 420 to 440 miles crusin @ 80mph all freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by spicytuna
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow83
    I find that if you use the cruise on the highway it will increase the mileage. And I use mid-grade gas.
    Aren't you only supposed to use premium w/ the V6? :shock:
    I have tried all 3 grades. The savings in $ do not offset the lower mileage for regular, mid and premium get the exact same mileage. There is NO detonation with mid as long as you use a good brand. The cheap stations usually buy the gas close to the water-block in the pipeline so it can give problems. When they ship fuels through a pipeline they put water between the different fuels to separate them, this way they can use one pipeline to ship many different fuels and oils.

I have an ODBII that connects to my laptop and monitors the car and when I evaluated the fuels there was NO detonation or even a slight temp rise with mid grade. Even with regular it was marginal. So the mid grade detonation is just a ego boosting myth. Besides, even with regular, detonation will only occur under acceleration and I had to really push it to get it to knock. I drive 60 miles a day to and from work so I look at economy more than performance. I'll worry about premium when I go to the track, I have no desire to play chicken with a tree.
    :shock:
    2002 ES, V6, 140K

i get 18-19 mpg usually... most of my driving is city. 5 miles from my home garage to my office garage. weekends just driving around the city doin this and that. about half of my driving is on the highway but i tend to accellerate hard alot and hit 90mph on quick runs (about 3 miles) on the highway.

i drive to detroit every year for the electronic music festival... that drive i can make (~300 miles @ avg 80mph) on one tank without the fuel light going on.

Thread Revival!
    Driving like a donkey in traffic to school and work I get like 260 per take Driving regular in traffic I will hit about 320 before my light comes on. Driving highway last week I hit 410 on 13 gallons and change my light wasnt on yet.

I can average 30 mpg easy high way, but thats using my own foot I noticed I can keep the car around 2400rpm when cruise would be at like 2500 maintaining speed.

I average mostly 280 cause there are just those times where I WOT through traffic cause I want to get home. My truck used to get 250 miles per 25 gallon tank consistently whether WOT or not lol on highway it hit 16mpg

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    I actually kept track of the last 39 times i pumped. (no longer keeping track since i'm not using her anymore) Along with a bunch of problems, i averaged 20 MPG, 60/40 city/highway using 87 Octaine. Hit 300mpt a few times, but was in the 260 range a lot more i would have liked to.

My car has 200K miles on it.
    -Pedro

JAC00BLKES
    wow i am like what am i doing wrong
    i only get about 250 now

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead View Post
    I dont understand why you guys let the tank run that low. Did you know its a little bad for it, when the tank is low it allows moistier to build up, which just doesnt burn quite like gasoline. I never let my tank go below a 1/4 unless I'm on a road trip and am going to fill it up before I park it.
    Ditto...condensation does build up especially with ethanol based fuel.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Quote Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
    WTF?!?! haha. . . even possible?

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead View Post
    I dont understand why you guys let the tank run that low. Did you know its a little bad for it, when the tank is low it allows moistier to build up, which just doesnt burn quite like gasoline. I never let my tank go below a 1/4 unless I'm on a road trip and am going to fill it up before I park it.

ohhhh shit. I'm usually on E or just below.

I take all my averages by seeing how much i put in each fill up and dividing i rarely go below3/8s of a tank

I can get over 400 when Im driving long distance on the interstate, without stopping or slowing down much. Im usually getting gas at Shell stations when Im out on trips like that, which supposidly has no ethanol; dont know if that makes any difference. That's 26.7mpg, nothing spectacular.
    Last edited by Gtsnapper; 04-03-2009 at 03:10 PM

that's not too bad.. what speed are you driving at?

holy...i realize i drive like an ass. my mileage blows! i prolly fill my tank twice a week.

Lol I was driving like a bit of an ass today

Yeah last two times I filled up my mileage has sucked ass. I just got and oil change and new air filter. I hope its just the gas or something's wrong. My drive home (about 12 miles) cost me 1/8th of a tank which is ridiculous

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    I average 18-20 mpg with just local/city driving

On the highway I'll range from 23-26 depending on the trip

I rarely let the fuel light come on....typically fill up with 11-12 gallons at around 240-280 miles

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

I get just under 600 miles before I have to stop for LPG and unleaded in my supercharged dual fuel Mitsubishi 380Gt

i get around 375 to 400 when my gas light comes on (which has only happen 2 times since i bought the car in 05) its a 03 i4

i get about 21.5 mpg city, and when i drove to school i'd average about 26.5 when i didnt floor it.

i think fuel light comes on at about 345, and that leaves me with about 10-15 miles, plenty of time to find a cheap gas station.

blue8g
    i get 300 miles to from full to 1/4 left....on the highway

in town i get like 250 - 270

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast