The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How many miles are you getting on a full tank of gas?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 121
    blue8g
    i'm getting 240 all town...........but i let my car warm up for a total of 10 minutes a day

Quote Originally Posted by 03-Galant-ES View Post
    I would check your car I just got about 330, 21.8 mpg to be precise driving on long island mostly city and it is fucking cold here.

Check your tire pressure, oil, spark plugs. Anything, my car has brand new oil oem specs on tires and i just tuned her up 5000mi ago.

Also let your car warm up if you want better mpg thats why most people get better in summer the cars are nearly warm already. Technically your performance and I believe mpg should be better in cold.

All though preformance may be better because of the colder dense air i do belive that because its cold and for that reason the air is more dense the car runs richer to compensate for the right air/ fuel mix, therefore uses more gas?

Quote Originally Posted by Galant Evolution View Post
    All though preformance may be better because of the colder dense air i do belive that because its cold and for that reason the air is more dense the car runs richer to compensate for the right air/ fuel mix, therefore uses more gas?
    hmmm then my car is odd over past 2 weeks i avged over 21 mpg in summer I usually got like 19.

250-260 with just an intake. EGR and EVAP problems lol

hmmm then my car is odd over past 2 weeks i avged over 21 mpg in summer I usually got like 19.
    Maybe your driving habits have changed? or your car is just that dopee haha

Maybe your driving habits have changed? or your car is just that dopee haha
    probably changed, but with highway and city you shuld get more then you are.

^^ i know, i still have the vibration problem so im not sure if its a vac leak or what... honestly i think the tech put on my balance belt wrong...because when it brok all he did was change the timing belt and replace the balance belt, but when he replaced the balance belt all he did was align the marks on the sprockets..he never checked the plug where your suppost to fit a screw driver into, so ill check that out. i just reached 100k like 2 days ago, last did a tune up around 65k so im going to do plugs and wires again next pay check...never done a fuel filter before tho...
    Last edited by Galant Evolution; 01-13-2010 at 10:42 AM

i drive with too much of a lead foot, i get about 16 mpg in the city, but when i get out on the highway it goes up to about 24 because i calm down a bit
    ...pain is temporary, pride is forever...

do u have a cai or a catback high flow exhaust on yours?

i get 350 mpg in a full tank.
    THE GAME

What are people getting from full to half a tank?? i seem to get like 100+/- 5miles from the full mark till it hits 3/4. Then from 3/4 to half i only get like 60 miles...wtf?

What are people getting from full to half a tank?? i seem to get like 100+/- 5miles from the full mark till it hits 3/4. Then from 3/4 to half i only get like 60 miles...wtf?
    I hit over 200 between full and half haha then the light came on at 250 :)

The highest I have done is 270 to half and 400 for the full tank as the light came on. That was before my CAI.

I drive 50 miles to and from work 5 days a week.. i get about 280-320

I hit over 200 between full and half haha then the light came on at 250 :)

The highest I have done is 270 to half and 400 for the full tank as the light came on. That was before my CAI.

Dood wtf is wrong with my car

Dood wtf is wrong with my car
    vacuum leak, bad plugs, bad filter, needs oil change, your tire pressure isnt correct, you have high rolling resistance tires, heavy ass wheels. Any of those and a combination possibly can be hurting your gas mileage.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    I don't drive like an ass and I'm lucky if I hit 230 with all city with the gas light on.

You are here entirely tooo much!! RAZ_76's Avatar
    I never keep track, I just fill, drive and when it gets close to empty, I fill again.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 galant View Post
    I don't drive like an ass and I'm lucky if I hit 230 with all city with the gas light on.
    Sounds like your car could use a tuned up. That is about 17.5 mpg give or take like .5 which isn't horrible, but some new spark plugs, wires, tire pressure check and the standard shit could probably bring it close t 20 which is where I am at all city driving, by city I mean towns, but yeah. Most fill ups I average 19-22 mpg when i do trips like to visit my girl in jersey, go to the city, or go to meets I usually get around 25-28 cruising at 65

vacuum leak, bad plugs, bad filter, needs oil change, your tire pressure isnt correct, you have high rolling resistance tires, heavy ass wheels. Any of those and a combination possibly can be hurting your gas mileage.

Yeah im actually due for an oil change now, thanks for reminding me! and i did plugs wires, i should check my tire pressure, and i have alluminum wheels, but my tires might be a problem too there not the greatest at all haha

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast