The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2001 Grille on a 2003 GTz

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

2001 Grille on a 2003 GTz

I was wondering if the 2001 grill would fit on the 2003 galant? And for a side question i was just wondering what i should do to lower the gap between the stock Gtz rims and the car, but not make the car lower to the ground, can i do that?

This is the grille I was thinking of buying.
    http://www2.partstrain.com/products/...AL-V6-002.html

Here are pics of my car as it sits now.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2284421

Thanks you guys!

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    The bumper are different so the grill will not fit. Lowering spring will get the GTZ lower too. Try Eibach or Tein springs.

it should fit. you have an aftermarket bumper so the factory bumper won't get in the way.

you may have to cut away the support piece for the factory bumper thats right by the hood latch if you haven't already.

as for the gap issue, get tires with a larger diameter. but not that you will discalibrate your speedo and might cause some rubbing depending on the side of your tires.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    The bumper are different so the grill will not fit. Lowering spring will get the GTZ lower too. Try Eibach or Tein springs.
    I think he's full aware of it Yes, it's going to fit as long as the 03 grill support is taken off. (Which I think it's off from that pic)

18's, Eibach drop, and GR-2 should level your ride height comfortably.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Sorry didn't look at his cardomain site.

to lower the gap between the stock Gtz rims and the car, but not make the car lower to the ground, can i do that?
    nope..not possible

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mau
    to lower the gap between the stock Gtz rims and the car, but not make the car lower to the ground, can i do that?
    nope..not possible
    you gould get bigger wheels which will take a little bit of the gap away but other then that you will have to lower it

you could also do some body work to drop the fender lines but then the car would look kinda weird looking by having hte hweels tucking but everywhere else the car is all high

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Hmmm good point Pinoy..... Just drop it sounds good...

Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    you could also do some body work to drop the fender lines but then the car would look kinda weird looking by having hte hweels tucking but everywhere else the car is all high
    Yeah, but you don't have to extend the fender so much that the wheel is tucked. Just do it enough to hide most of the gap. That is, if he is willing to spend a bunch of money for something like that.