The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What fuel management for turbo?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

What fuel management for turbo?

Well, I'm gathering all the parts and info to make the turbo upgrade, I had read the tutorials, and all, but I still have a question or two; this topic, is to try and address the fuel management issue. Of course, the first question is which unit to get? I been reading about the E-manage, but there is the blue and the ultimate, and of course the other brands, so, as for your eperience, which would be the closest to a perfect match? also, these being the "piggy back" type, I understand we still using the air flow meter, right?
    so, for you to be able to help me, here is the list of what I allready have in stock for my 2001 4G64:
    Turbo t03/to4
    ext. aeromotive wastegate
    blitz blow-off valve
    450cc injectors
    bosch fuel pump
    22x6x3 intercooler
    thats it, for now.
    I also plan to convert to stick, a soon as a donor apears.
    well, I hope someone can share some light about the fuel management issue, thanks in advance.
    Randall
    De que estamos hablando?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    The blue would be just fine, I've seen the shit in action and when i say it gives you total control over the car thats just what i mean. You can do all types of things and tuning can be a snap if you got the right file to upload, on the SR20 forums they swap tuning files like crack over there. You can clear codes, see actual engine readings, even turn off the fuel pump right through the software. The Ultimate im sure has more added features but you cant and wont go wrong using the blue.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

phizz2k
    Is this true for both 7g and 8g's. Does the emanage just care about the 4g64 not what vehicle it happens to be in? I also am deciding on this or just doing sm link.

sup

hey man whens the turbo going in.. yea u can use the emanage it will work for you.. Some people only complain about the lack of timing or ignition control that it exhibits for some people.. it definitely scales the injectors fine and the other functions such as antistall and other things seem to work fine. . getting them to work perfectly is another story haha.. the timing is being adjusted for me on the map trace but i cannot tell because my logger broke so as soon as my tactrix cable arrives i can verify... u need to come to a meet and ill show u
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i dont see how the emanage could shut off the fuel pump unles you wired a relay into it directly or something.....and why you would ever want to do such a thing is beyond me
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ok, so, what about the coil issue? can someone clarify this? as someone already ask:
    "[i][i]Anyone get the greddy ignition signal adapter to prevent the frying coil syndrome? I will be installing the emanage soon and im wondering if i should get extra coils lol.. ne one had any issues with the coils other than brandon??"
    De que estamos hablando?

There has been known issues with the emange and its ignition feature. It messed up my v6 and eats coil packs on the i4. Get the evo ecu or ems

so, should I get the E-Manage blue and the HKS Twin Power? Am I correct? Anyone here with this setup?
    De que estamos hablando?

this thing just cleared up a lot of shit thats been in my head for the past few weeks.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

emanage

i have not lost a coil and i constantly leave the key on the on position... my coils are not heating up or overheating as of yet atleast.. i did however purchase the ignition signal adapter #2 for 4 cyls that u put inline with the ignition wires so.. I have been able to see the timing actually working because its retarded a lot and i get 13 to 15 degrees where its retarding the most so... i would normally get more than on a run because i logged before turbo and was getting over 20 easy so...
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

ive never had trouble with my coils either... you might want to double and triple check your wiring
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports